Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

188348 Views 1,403 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 4:48 PM by DrEbenezer RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 ... 94 Previous Next
  • jsawright Rookie 7 posts since
    Mar 16, 2010

The first 5k is June 5th and the 2nd one is June 19th.

Jason

• Hanailey Rookie 4 posts since
    Mar 22, 2010

I'm planning on starting Monday night.  I found some podcasts on the c25k web site that are suppose to help guide you through the program- I believe they are set to music & tell you when to walk & when to run....that's exactly the type of hand holding I need   I haven't listened just yet but I hope they are as good as they sound.....I never thought about needing a decent pair of running shoes-  guess that will by my excuse to go shopping this weekend !!!!  Anyway- I'm super excited about starting this & look forward hearing about everyone's success !!!

• Sheila46 Amateur 10 posts since
    Mar 23, 2010

Hi Andrea...I actually started this morn! Thought I would join you all and get some more motivation! I am possible thinking about doing week 1 over again...taking it real slow! Will see how things go!

I am 46, overweight and asmatic...I don't look at it as jogging yet...more like jiggling!! LOL

Sheila

~Sheila~

• 911jir Amateur 23 posts since
    Mar 16, 2010

I haven't started the W1D1 yet - I have it on my calendar for Sunday 3/28. But I walking home from work. I have someone take me in, then I hustle it home. It's about 2.5 miles. I made it home in 40 mins. So I'm doing that on days that I dont have boot camp right after work. My plan is to switch it up, once 3/28 hits, I will be walking/running home. I like to have a destination - otherwise I just crap out.  It will be sidewalks in the neighborhood. Only one slight hill. 

~Julie

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop ~ Confucius

• Metro7 Rookie 4 posts since
    Mar 23, 2010

I did get a pair of shoes, Asics Gel Kahana's, I'll strap'em on today and go for a spin around the neighborhood and see how they feel.

• goingtorun Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 23, 2010

I used a podcast when I did my first day of training on Monday.  I wasn't overly keen on the music but it was good haiving someone to tell me when to stop and start and I felt as if he was motivating me too!

To those who have tried and had to give up before, which week did you tend to stop on?

• jduwa Rookie 4 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

My sister "talked" me into to running the Shamrock 8k here in Virginia Beach last weekend.  I had never run outside but have been doing the elliptical religiously for over a year and didnt think i would have a problem transitioning to outside   WOW...what a difference.  She runs 1/2 marathons and had been telling me to hit the pavement to train for the 8k.  I didnt listen and I was in the hurt locker by the end of the race.  I finished, but walked the majority of it.  So I am humbly taking her advice and starting the C25k training.  So count me in!            

• inserrat Rookie 5 posts since
    Sep 20, 2009

I'll start!  I'm going to be 50 on April 7. Very overweight, but I used to run when I first met my husband 27 years ago.  Now I want to go back to running.  And I am psyched!  I found the podcasts to listen to while I run, now all I have to do is get some good footwear and socks.  Wish me luck!

• Hanailey Rookie 4 posts since
    Mar 22, 2010

Good Luck ! I think this is going to be great- if we stick with it, we'll all be "experts" by summer   I'm going to head to the gym tonight to get ready for my big start on Monday !!   BTW  Happy early  birthday !!   Giving yourself the gift of health is the best gift ever !!

• Learning_2_Run Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 30, 2009

Hello! You can totally count me in! I had always wanted to try this, becuase well running simply intrigues me! I never thought I could do it, I'm quite heavy and i can barely run in the rain to get out of the rain without my knees killing me. Well I went to the gym the other day and walked at 5% incline, then lowered it and a really good song came on my MP3 player and I started running! I was running at 4.6 mph (I'm really short so thats pretty fast for me) and I was LOVING IT!!! I absolutely fell in love with running! I only did it for 1 minute then walked a few then did it again. Today I did the same thing but ran 3 times instead of twice. I'm in love!!! So yes! I will join you, although it will be on Monday! not sunday, I will be doing it on the Treadmill though becuase my knees are too bad to do it on cement. I'M SO EXCITED!

~ Laurie ~

Perception helps us resist tempation

Hebrews 12:2

• ChristineRunning Amateur 34 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

Hi everyone!

I'd love to join this group to start the program on the 28th... I am motivated but would love the accountability incentive!

I am 28/F and in good health, but I have never been an "exerciser."  There's a really nice trail by my home that I take walks on sometimes... and I always see joggers out there and envy them! Since the weather is nicer and the sun's out longer, I plan to do my runs after work. I have been thinking about this for some time and I think the nice weather will be extra incentive to get out there. (Not sure what I'll do when that changes back again, but I suppose I can worry about that later!)

1 2 3 4 ... 94 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...