Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

200496 Views 1,403 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 4:48 PM by DrEbenezer RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 ... 94 Previous Next
  • Sheila46 Amateur 10 posts since
    Mar 23, 2010

I am soooooooooooooo sore today...tops of my thighs! I am so dreading W1D2...which is tomorrow! Can someone give me a push out the door!!

~Sheila~

• Scout22 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

Awesome!! Count me in

• NotAnnie Expert 44 posts since
    Oct 26, 2009

I've been thinking about this for a while, and had a start date of March 29 in my head. I'm fat, in my 40s, and have never been a runner. (Lots of other aerobic stuff, but no running.) Yikes!

~ Aine

• Alyie Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

Hi everyone,

I am new here :-)  I am a AF spouse, mother of a almost 5 month old, Taekwondo instructor, and college student.  I had to stop teaching and training in TKD when I was 17 weeks preggo.  Going from 7 hours a day working out to nothing is a great way to gain a ton of weight.  Plus, I had early onset Pre-eclampsia.  I had my son via emergency c-section and had to take 12 more weeks off.  Well, the week I could return to the workout floor I had emergency gallbladder removal.  So another few weeks.  Well, FINALLY I am 100%...well more than that bc I am now approx 50-60 lbs over weight.  I have started training in tkd again and now am looking to start the c25k program.  I even bought new custom running shoes today.  I am determinded to lose this weight.  So, count me in!!!!!

• IdahoFlybye Rookie 5 posts since
    Mar 26, 2008

Sheila, I start W1D2 on Saturday!  You CAN do it!!  The mind is a bigger obstacle than the body.

Count me in for this -

I am a former stay at home mom who has returned to school full time to get a Master's degree. I have put on 15lbs and have sat a great deal on my rump roast.  I want to look good when I graduate in May!!

• JudyZav Amateur 20 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

I've been a "wanna be" runner for quite a while, so I'm contemplating starting this.  I actually work out quite a bit.  I'm an Independent Team Beachbody coach which means that I help people get started with the home workout programs produced by Beachbody (P90X, Turbo Jam, Insanity, etc.).  Soooo...I'm doing some Beachbody program (or a mixture of them) just about all of the time.  But running outside at this time of year is always a draw for me.  I actually started running about a week ago, so I'm thinking the c25k plan may be a good thing for me to start on.

I live about 45 minutes outside of Scranton, PA, and the National Running Center (a store that carries shoes and other accessories) is near there.  I want to make my way up there to have them recommend a running shoe for me.  I have trouble with my left foot a lot, so I'm thinking I just have to get fitted for a better shoe.  I hope that helps!

I'm going to bookmark this page and try to remember to come back to it regularly.  I'm new to this forum.  Is there a way to have the posts sent to my email inbox???

Judy

P.S.  I'm 45 years old, happily married for 24 years, and have a 12 year old daughter.  I was a computer programmer for 20+ years, but got laid off in 2007.  I decided to make my coaching business my full time pursuit, and I love it!  I look forward to getting to know all of you better and supporting each other as we become runners! 

~ Judy

One half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it. 

~Sidney Howard

• tacison Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

Please count me in!

Tori

• LAlleman Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 6, 2009

I am definitely interested in doing this!  A couple of weeks ago I set a start date for 3/29 (I like Mondays to start new things).  I actually took a HUGE leap and decided to sign up for a 1/2 marathon in October.  I have never run a full 5k, so this should be interesting to say the least.  I'm 34, a SAHM for now, 3 kids ages 8, 6, and 4.  I'm excited about setting a goal for ME.  Let's do this!

Lori

• MarlaynaH Rookie 4 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

Holy wow, look at this group.  I am in too.  I was actually planning on starting next week.  Off on Vacation tomorrow through Sunday.  If I have time when I get back to start I will otherwise I am in on Monday 3/29.

I am a work at home mom of 3 kids.  I have a 14 y/o, 11 y/o and 7 y/o.  Wanna lose 40 lbs before I turn 40 in December, hoping running will help me achieve this goal.

• petkat82 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

Hi Andrea

I would love to join with you.  I am excited to get going too!   I need to read more about the program and get myself ready.  I appreciate any and all help and support I could get.  I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Kathy

• TheMeg Rookie 3 posts since
    Jan 13, 2010

Count me in!  I am a wohm and will be turning 41 in April.  I need to lose about 50lbs! :-(   I have been going to the gym for the past three weeks but would really love to start running again.  I use to run before I had my son and then life happened and I just never got back into it.  So, yeah, I would love to do with you!

~Meg

• RedHookMom Rookie 3 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

Hi, everybody!  I started two days ago, but I'd really like to be a part of your group.  I'll be 50 in July...I'm overweight (but working on it!) and I have a six year old daughter.  Having gone on a big total of two runs so far, I can say that I'm loving it.  I was sore after the first one and I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but in a good way. Like a lot of the rest of you, I love the idea of being able to whip off three miles by this summer.  Glad to have found company!  I'm using the app for my IPhone which lets me make my own playlist of music.  I'm curious...what do the rest of you like to run to?

Liz

• CynDay Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

I am down with it!!! I started trying to get into it this week...and I'm not being very successful...so I think I will get focused on building up some cardio until 4/1 week and then its on like DONKEY KONG!!! YAY!!!    

• mamidecinco Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

Count me in too!  I will be starting on 3/29.   I've done C25k before and it works!  I used it to get back into running shape after our first 3 children were born.  Then I went on to follow Cool Running's 1/2 Marathon workout program and ran my first half marathon about 5 or 6 years ago (I think). It was the best shape I'd been in in my life.  I ran a 10k two weeks after my 1/2 marathon and had a personal best.   Then we added two more little ones to our family and life got crazy.  They are both 6 years old now and I'm ready to whip myself back into shape.

I have lots of weight (70 to 80 lbs) to lose too. So eating right will be a huge part of this for me as well.

I've already signed up for a sprint triatholon on October 10th.  So I have lots and lots of work ahead of me.  I've been working out for 7 weeks now on my new Wave step thingy.  That's been a great start and has proven to me that I DO have time to exercise.  So 6am in the morning on Monday 3/29 here I come!

Kim

• Deb Stanley Rookie 4 posts since
    Feb 28, 2008

Lori,

Good for you - I am a 54 year overweight gramma who did 3 5K "wogs" and then accepted a dare to do a half marathon with 6 other people , week b4 race day 6 other people flaked and I did the halfer by myself in less than 4 hours which was my goal.  We all can do this - I am hoping to run at least part of the halfer I do in November so I am hoping that this program will help me to increase my ability to actually run and not just walk.  Good luck

Deborah

1 2 3 4 5 ... 94 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...