Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

46919 Views 204 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 1:24 PM by Mikala_SF RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 Previous Next
  • lgall2010 Expert 52 posts since
    Feb 21, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Apr 2, 2010 3:43 PM (in response to Sylvia1960)
    Re: C25K as a Weight Watchers Member

Congrats Jenn! Thats so great. My next weigh in is Sunday. I'm hoping for a steady 2lb-a-week weight loss. At my age (52), I have to exercise twice as much and eat twice as little!

Sylvia...I have a question. I have always wondered why salmon is so many more points than any other fish. It is my favorite, and I saved points today so I could eat a salmon filet, but it just kills me to have to track that many points on a wonderfully healthy piece of fish.

Toadsuck Daze 5K walk/run (My FIRST 5K) 05/01/10 -  47:08
    Dino Dash: 05/22/10 - 43:53

Firecracker 5K: 07/03/10 - 41:12

Race for the Cure: 10/16/10 - 39:33

Little Rock Half Marathon: 03/06/11 - 3:33

• adburton Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 25, 2010
    31. Apr 2, 2010 4:31 PM (in response to Sylvia1960)

Hey!!  My name is Amber and I just joined this site and have just finished my first week of the C25K training.  I was excited to find this thread.  I am a weight watchers member.  I am on my 11th week. I have lost 16 lbs.  I don't have too much more to go and I am working hard on getting into better shape.  I am looking forward to completing this training and running in my first 5k in years!!  I can't wait!!  I look forward to reading through everyone's suggestions and hopefully being able to post my own advice and ideas.

Feb 21, 2010
    32. Apr 4, 2010 6:55 AM (in response to Sylvia1960)

Week 2 weight in: 2.8 lbs (total 5.6)! I'm stoked. The WW site popup said I was losing weight at too fast a rate (darn - I hate it when that happens!) at 2.8 lbs two weeks in a row. Could that be because of the exercise? It also automatically adjusted my points down from 22 to 21. That's cool, that it does that for you.

Feb 21, 2010
    33. Apr 4, 2010 6:57 AM (in response to Sylvia1960)

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

• Metime Amateur 31 posts since
    Mar 20, 2010
    34. Apr 4, 2010 7:24 AM (in response to lgall2010)

Congrats on your additional weight loss--that is awesome.  I have had it tell me I am loosing too much, funny it doesn't tell me when I gain too much You do want to watch it and not consistently loose too much each week...slow and steady wins the race.

It is cool how it automatically adjusts your points allowance as you go down.  For me the exercise has helped (except for some reason I went up .2 lbs last week)

Races:

Bricktown Blaze (5K) 6/12/10

Stars & Stripes Forever (5K) 7/3/10

Midnight Streak (5K) 8/14/10

• whatsup1 Expert 49 posts since
    Mar 26, 2010
    35. Apr 4, 2010 7:38 AM (in response to Sylvia1960)

Happy Easter. I thought I would like to join you all hear.

I am a life long member of WW, I have reached my goals four times, but always gain weight back. Most recently I attained lifetime in May 2009, and stayed under goal until the last two months when I had an injured hip and underwent two rounds of prednisone and cortisone. I am now 5 pounds above goal and am injury free (I hope). I started C25K the last week of March, I finished W2,D3 today.

I am mainly eating on the Simply Filling plan (I lost well on the old Core program).

Part of the reason I struggle continually is because I am a Private Chef. I taste my cooking all day long, and I cook yummy food. And dessert every night. **sigh**

I love Vitatop muffins but find they can be a bit of a red light food for me. My favorite right now before I run is fat free Fage yogurt with 1 T. of all fruit jam stirred in.

Peg

• CanadianMathTeacher Amateur 9 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    36. Apr 4, 2010 10:06 AM (in response to whatsup1)

Knock, knock.  Can I come in and join all you lovely ladies?

This is my second time around on both WW and C25K.  I had terrific success a few years ago and then my life fell apart and I gained back all that lost and am out of shape.  I seem to have got my life back under control and am looking forward to getting fit again.  I'm going to join WW on 8/04 and start C25K on Tuesday.  I've moved from Canada to England and I'm looking forward to seeing how the meetings differ from Canada.  One of my worries is that West Kent is much hillier than the prairies of Western Canada! 

• Eurlyne74425 Pro 71 posts since
    Apr 16, 2009
    37. Apr 4, 2010 12:02 PM (in response to Sylvia1960)

I finished W1D2 today.  It felt great.  I had WI yesterday and was down a pound.  I was thrilled about that as I have been playing with the same 5 pounds since September.  I figured I would have another gain as I was way off points last week.  Yesterday, I went back on filling foods, I like that better than counting points.  DH and I also took the dogs out for a short walk this morning before I ran.  When I got home from the walk I stretched really good, then went to the gym and ran and stretched really good after that.  I'm not as sore as D1.   Then after I ran we went grocery shopping.  I think I have gotten in my AP for the day. 

Happy Easter to every one.

Eurlyne

• gtnskny Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 4, 2010
    38. Apr 4, 2010 3:49 PM (in response to Sylvia1960)

I just want to encourage all of you to keep up the great work!  You are all working toward healthy goals.  I have lost 130 pounds on WW and am currently at lifetime.  I had been struggling for the last two months with gaining and realized that because of all of the running I had been doing I was psychologically feeling like I should rewarding myself and started eating way over my points and telling myself "you ran so hard, you know you have earned enough AP's for this meal".  I kept telling myself I was just starving after a long run.  I really wasnt.  When i realized that it was psychological i started maintaing my weight again and losing some.  i now realize that running and working out really hard actually makes me less hungry.  just thought i would throw that out there because it was a trap that i fell into and i almost got frustrated and gave up.  good luck to everyone.

• Eurlyne74425 Pro 71 posts since
    Apr 16, 2009
    40. Apr 5, 2010 6:42 PM (in response to Sylvia1960)

Sylvia,

I have a couple questions for you about filing foods, I hope you don't mind answering them,if you can or are allowed to.  When you have the healthy oils, do you count the points for each tsp or are the first two tsp free per day?  And, can you still have only one serving of brown rice, potatoes or whole wheat pasta in a day?  If so, does this also go for couscous, quinoa or millett?

Okay, so that's three questions.  I thought you had to count the points for the healthy oil and only one serving of rice, potatoes or whole wheat pasta per day.  But on line I read a post that stated, you don't count the first two tsp of healthy oil, you just check them off, and can have one serving of brown rice, potatoes, whole wheat pasta etc daily.

What is your understanding on this, I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Eurlyne

• BradenMommyof5 Pro 176 posts since
    Jan 4, 2010
    42. Apr 6, 2010 3:59 PM (in response to Sylvia1960)
    Weight fluxuating?

Hi Sylvia,

Sounds like you had a great Easter weekend!  Being with family is always so much more meaningful on a holiday.

I have a question for you.  After a less than stellar week, I weigh in last night and found myself 4.5 pounds heavier than Week 1's weigh-in.  I always have really "fluid" weight numbers and have also heard that 2-3 pounds' difference in a day is normal.  So, I wanted to ask you if this weigh-in succession sounded right.

Beginning weight: 200

Week 1 weigh in: 194.5 (last Monday, 9:30 pm): Two days of not tracking points. Remaining 5 days I tracked my points,used about 4 extra per day

Week 2 weigh in: 199.0 (yesterday at 10:30pm)

Today's weight:    195.0 (today 4pm after exercising, about 1/2 way into my points allowance <I get 32 per day>)

I had to skip one day of weight training due to company being in from out of town, but I still got all 3 runs in for week 2.  Today I've been back on track, staying within my point range and did 50 min of exercise.

I have a million questions bouncing around in my head but for your sake, I'll organize my thoughts.

1) Is it possible to gain back 5 pounds in a week?  I still exercised 4 days and only had 2 days of really bad eating (even then, it wasn't terrible)

2) Is this kind of fluidity in my weight numbers normal?  Ex: 4 lbs weight gain in less than 24 hours?

3) Should I go ahead and record yesterday's "199" weigh as my official weekly weigh in?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for being available for questions!!!!    The time you take to answer all of our is much appreciated by myself, and I'm sure everyone else as well. 

Have a great day!

Jenn

Jenn / BradenMommyof5

<//><

• Metime Amateur 31 posts since
    Mar 20, 2010
    43. Apr 6, 2010 6:45 PM (in response to BradenMommyof5)
    Re: Weight fluxuating?

I weighed in today and I am exactly the same weight I was last week (which was .4 lbs heavier than the week before)  I have been doing C25K for 5 weeks now, and I lost weight 3 weeks ago, but not the last two.  It is a little frustrating.  BUT I am so stoked to be doing C25K and I feel awesome.  I just know those pounds are going to melt away while I am out there running.  I am going to concentrate on eating fruit for my mid day snack. 

Races:

Bricktown Blaze (5K) 6/12/10

Stars & Stripes Forever (5K) 7/3/10

Midnight Streak (5K) 8/14/10

1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points