Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4447 Views 204 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 1:24 PM by Mikala_SF Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Previous Next
  • whatsup1 Expert 49 posts since
    Mar 26, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Apr 9, 2010 7:57 AM (in response to Sylvia1960)
    Re: C25K as a Weight Watchers Member

How do you calculate the activity points when doing the C25K weeks?

Peg

• cwaggie Amateur 16 posts since
    Nov 27, 2008
    46. Apr 9, 2010 12:53 PM (in response to Sylvia1960)

I'm glad you started this post.  I joined WW that May during the Walk Fit Challenge and completed my first 5K in July of last year.  I have since completed four other 5k's and my first half marathon in October of last year.  I am currently in training for the BolderBoulder 10k next month and another half marathon.  I am also doing my first triathalon in August.  I was down 30lbs but now I have to work off a little!  So, off to training I go again.  Winter months were hardest for me but it is finally spring so I can get back outside.  Best of luck to all of you on your first 5k!

• BradenMommyof5 Pro 176 posts since
    Jan 4, 2010
    47. Apr 9, 2010 8:30 PM (in response to Sylvia1960)
    So weird....(random observation and commentary) :)

So, I usually weigh in on Monday nights (I don't go to meetings....just set a specific time once a week to weigh).  I took a "sneek peek" today though. (It's been a hard week and I was hoping for a little encouragment from my nemesis the scale.)   Anyway, I just weighed myself and I'm EIGHT POUNDS under what I weighed 5 days ago!!  I'm sorry, but I can guarantee I did NOT lose 8 pounds in 5 days!!!! I was good, ate well and exercized but I didn't do THAT good. So strange.  Does anyone else have these kind of numbers that bounce all over the place?  I'm not worried about it, as long as the overall movement in the numbers is down, I'm happy.

Hope everyone had a great week and that you all enjoy your weekend!!!! 

Jenn

Jenn / BradenMommyof5

<//><

• TracyO12 Amateur 15 posts since
    Apr 10, 2010
    48. Apr 10, 2010 7:20 AM (in response to Sylvia1960)

so happy I found this site and this thread!  I haven't read through all the posts yet, but plan to after I take care of some housework.  I have been with WW for about 4 years now and lately just gaining and loosing the same 5 pounds.  It isn't because of anything except for I loose motivation and just don't follow the program the way I should.  I was down 26lbs at one time, now I am at 16lbs down and moving in the right direction.  Along with deciding I was going to actually follow the WW program the way it was meant to be, I also take a cardio kick boxing class twice a week and just completed W1D1 today!  Along with my weight loss and a stronger core from the kick boxing I was able to complete W1D1...wasn't sure 1/2 way through, but I did and can't wait til W1D2.  I love this thread and hope that it will keep me motivated and on track...can't wait to participate and share.

• lgall2010 Expert 52 posts since
    Feb 21, 2010
    51. Apr 10, 2010 1:56 PM (in response to Sylvia1960)

Jenn, I was wondering if you are breast feeding. That might account for the fluctuating weight and fluid retention. I breast fed all my babies (7 kids: 28 to 14).

Tracy, welcome.

Today is a BEAUTIFUL DAY! Did my first W3D1 today and did well. Cooking out tonight: chicken breast and grilled asparagus and eggplant. tomorrow: wild salmon and salad. Any ideas out there for some great grilling ideas? Weigh-in #3 tomorrow!!

Toadsuck Daze 5K walk/run (My FIRST 5K) 05/01/10 -  47:08
    Dino Dash: 05/22/10 - 43:53

Firecracker 5K: 07/03/10 - 41:12

Race for the Cure: 10/16/10 - 39:33

Little Rock Half Marathon: 03/06/11 - 3:33

• mariefnp Pro 160 posts since
    Mar 13, 2010
    52. Apr 10, 2010 5:53 PM (in response to lgall2010)

Hi everyone!

This is a great thread, just wanted to say that!

I fell off the wagon for the last 2-3 weeks due to a family emergency and death in the family that took us to Canada twice in 2 weeks... Now went to weigh-in today and ONLY gained .6!!! AMEN!!!!  I was so pleased with that.

Tomorrow DH and I start our C25K! Psyched!!!! Can't wait to get moving, just bought new sneakers today!!! Up and at 'em first thing tomorrow!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Marie

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.....it is about learning how to dance in the rain!"

"The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength within you." - unknown

"Character gets you out of bed; commitment moves you to action. Faith, hope and discipline enable you to follow through to completion."

Began C25K 4/11/10 - have NEVER run in my life!!!!...C25K on hold with a knee injury

Soon to start Jeff Galloway's training program for women

• lgall2010 Expert 52 posts since
    Feb 21, 2010
    53. Apr 11, 2010 6:46 AM (in response to Sylvia1960)

Weigh-in #3...lost 1.8 lbs, which I'm very pleased with. It is so much easier to stay motivated for both C25K and WW when you are doing them both together. Ran W3D1 yesterday. Have a great Sunday everybody!

Toadsuck Daze 5K walk/run (My FIRST 5K) 05/01/10 -  47:08
    Dino Dash: 05/22/10 - 43:53

Firecracker 5K: 07/03/10 - 41:12

Race for the Cure: 10/16/10 - 39:33

Little Rock Half Marathon: 03/06/11 - 3:33

• Metime Amateur 31 posts since
    Mar 20, 2010
    55. Apr 16, 2010 4:31 AM (in response to Sylvia1960)

I have hit a plateau with my weight loss.  Exact same weight 3 weeks in a row.  So my leader suggested some tweaks to my points this week, so hopefully we can break it.  But I am not giving up...no way...it has just made me more determined. After reading Sylvia's response on the activities points, I think I am over estimating my C25K points too. 

As for C25K, I am on the official week 4 and haven't done the program as intended.  I can't make the full 2nd 5 minute run.  I have to pause and walk part of it, but I finish it running. I ran more of it on the 2nd day than the 1st.  So, I am getting better at it.  It just may take me longer to get there.  Wish me luck, today is my day 3 run and keep your fingers crossed it doesn't rain during our run time.

Races:

Bricktown Blaze (5K) 6/12/10

Stars & Stripes Forever (5K) 7/3/10

Midnight Streak (5K) 8/14/10

• Run Boo Run Rookie 6 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    56. Apr 16, 2010 4:28 PM (in response to Sylvia1960)

Hi Everyone--

I've been creeping reading the posts, but never posting myself, so here's my first one:

I'm a WW x 9 years, got lifetime, but over the last few years, got lazy, so now I'm full on back in it going to meetings weekly and tracking points on my iPhone--excellent app if you've got one!

My best friend wants to do a marathon by the end of the year, so I said I'd go halfway with her and do a half marathon.  We started the c25k in January, we've each run one 5k (her with a 4 year old in a runner's stroller!), we've got our next 5k scheduled May 1, and the next step a 10K in June.  I started with a running group last weekend working toward the marathon/half-marathon goal in November (Rock and Roll series of races is in San Antonio, TX mid-November--that's our goal race!)

I'm ahead of where the running group is (the group started from running 1 mile at a time), so I'm feeling good about the whole thing.  My weight fluctuates--up 1-2# one week, down 3-4# the next week, but overall it's trending down.  I'm beyond freaking out over the numbers on the scale every week, 'cause you know what--if I want to drink some wine with my husband one night a weekend, I'm gonna drink it, count it, and just tighten up the controls the next week.  Life's not perfect, Heaven knows I'm not, and I'm not going to do something when I'm trying to lose weight that I'm not going to be able to continue when I hit maintenance and lifetime again.  So my mascot is a turtle--Slow and steady...

SLR

March 28, 2010--Run your Rear off 5K---36:36

May 1, 2010--Komen Race for the Cure 5K

June 12, 2010--Flag Day 10K

Rock-N-Roll 1/2 Marathon November 2010

Apr 10, 2010
    57. Apr 16, 2010 5:53 PM (in response to Sylvia1960)

I finished C25K week 1 on Wednesday.  So glad I ran when I did before I had to bring the kids to karate rather than after as I was really feeling it, but I finished, chugging mid way through but the pace picked up towards the end.  It is supposed to be pretty rainy here this weekend so I might need to start week 2 on Monday.  I weigh in tomorrow.  Hoping the scale moves in the right direction, but if it doesn't I am ok with that as I know I have been loosing inches.  I saw a five pound weight gain a few weeks back, but was in a smaller size jean..go figure.  I was down almost 3 last weigh in and have since started the C25K (I also do a cardio kick boxing class 2x a week).

Now that the weather is a bit nicer here it is so much easier to eat lighter, healthier and cleaner.   Plus with running I want to eat fresher.  Lots of grilled chicken and salads and I am moving so much more.

Will share my weigh in info tomorrow, and maybe a recipe...I made a yummy garlic and basil pork tonight.

Have a great weekend -

Tracy

• mariefnp Pro 160 posts since
    Mar 13, 2010
    58. Apr 17, 2010 7:44 AM (in response to TracyO12)

Tracy, would love for you to share that recipe. Haven't had pork in soo long, I always forget about it. I bought salmon and cod today for this weekend. We don't eat fish often enough, so I'm determined to cook it on w/e's. I don't cook all week (my poor DH has to fend for himself) I work noon-8, and have no ambition to cook early in the a.m. for supper, sad to say.

WI was today for me (this was week 1 of c25k) and I lost 2.6!! Yahoo!!! I also got my first 5 lb star!! I didn't use but half my weeklies either this week and that helped. I usually use them all on the weekend.

Have to get day 3 of week 1 done today, despite the crappy weather out there - drizzle, cool, yuck. I WILL do it!!!

Marie

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.....it is about learning how to dance in the rain!"

"The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength within you." - unknown

"Character gets you out of bed; commitment moves you to action. Faith, hope and discipline enable you to follow through to completion."

Began C25K 4/11/10 - have NEVER run in my life!!!!...C25K on hold with a knee injury

Soon to start Jeff Galloway's training program for women

Apr 10, 2010
    59. Apr 17, 2010 9:21 AM (in response to Sylvia1960)

WI today did not go in the direction I had hoped, but I am not too upset.  I went up 1 lb, but I know I did everything right and hoping that maybe because I upped my exercise this week it will show up next.  I know my body well enough to know it is kind of funny like that.

The weather looks like it is clearing a bit so I might start Wk2 today, if not, then Monday, Wednesday, Friday for Wk2.

Here is the link to the recipe for last night's dinner...quick, easy and good for you!

Garlic Pork w/Tomato & Basil (Cooking Light)

We eat alot of pork (mostly tenderloin) and chicken and alot of my cooking during the week tends to have an Asian flair, mostly because it is quick and easy.  My family is very picky and fish is out of the question so I usually prepare that for myself at lunch.

I know someone mentioned WW smoothies in an earlier post.  I have recently fallen back in love with them and have one almost every day for an afternoon snack, as I generally eat after I work out.  I love the chocolate one and will add 1 cup of frozen cherries to the blender (I usually only make it with milk).  So for 4 pts I have a quick, energizing, filling and healthy snack.

Tracy

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points