Skip navigation

1648 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 8:15 AM by RunningInRI RSS
RunningInRI Rookie 5 posts since
Mar 30, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 31, 2010 12:05 PM

Looking for Clubs, Swim Coach, Best Pool info, and training partners in Rhode Island Area

Hello,   I've just completed my second marathon and I'm looking for a new goal to set my sights on.  Triathlons look like a ton of fun and setting a longterm goal of eventually finishing an ironman will really motivate me to put the training time in.  But thats a ways out!  First I need to spend some serious time in the pool.  I can swim to survive... but distance swimming and open water swimming is something I've never done.  So first thing out of the gate I'm hoping to find a private or group swimming instructor to teach me the proper stroke technique for use in traithlons.  I'd like to find someone in Rhode Island or southern Mass if possible.  I'm thinking its best to start right out of the gate with proper instruction before I start guessing and teaching myself bad habits.

I'm also interested in connecting with training groups for eventually swimming, and currently running and cycling.  I have so far not turned up much in terms of clubs in Rhode Island online.  Does anyone have any info, links, know anyone?  I'd appreciate any info.

Are there any gym's with pools that anyone recommends in Rhode Island?  Any that are favorites of other triathletes?  I know there are a few YMCA's with pools but so far thats all I've turned up.  Any info on connecting with the triathlon community and coaches in the area would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Nick

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...