Skip navigation

6153 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2010 6:42 PM by Jim Wei RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 10, 2010 1:46 PM

Mountains-to-Sea Trail 12-Mile Challenge Reviews

Share your experiences with the Mountains-to-Sea Trail 12-Mile Challenge below Back to event details page.

• llamaring Amateur 10 posts since
    Dec 8, 2007
    1. Apr 10, 2010 1:46 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Mountains-to-Sea Trail 12-Mile Challenge Reviews

I thoroughly enjoyed this trail run. In fact, it's the best trail run I've ever done. The trail was perfect; the weather was perfect. And the organizers did such a fantastic job. You'd think this was at least the 5th annual as opposed to the 1st annual. Very well done. And the food and coffee (with half and half! YAY!) at the end were amazing.

If we're still living the area next year, I will definitely do it again. Thank you for a wonderful morning.

• donnakidder Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 21, 2007
    2. Apr 11, 2010 12:56 PM (in response to Guest )

This was an excellent event.  An absolutely beautiful course and the faster runners cleared all the spider webs for me :-).  Every rest stop had gels, water, and an aid drink...plus smiling, cheering volunteers.  An amazing finish line for a trail race (felt like the finish line for a bigger city race) with lots of great snacks.  And the prizes for the winners were awesome!  One of the best races I have participated in.  I hope I can enter next year (hope it doesn't become another Uwharrie :-(.  My fingers don't type that fast!)  I will definitely shop at Bull City Running to show my appreciation.

• coachmiller22 Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 1, 2009
    3. Apr 12, 2010 9:08 AM (in response to Guest )

Great event from transportation(to and from parking location), course, food and organizers.  Great job Bullcity Running!  Look forward to running it again next year.

• Holly234 Amateur 10 posts since
    Jun 6, 2009
    4. Apr 14, 2010 3:40 PM (in response to Guest )

What a great morning. Well organized, perfect weather, beautiful trails. Thanks to all the volunteers, what a nice bunch of people!

Will definately be back next year (unless you decide to do anything sooner:o)

Holly123
  • rschiller Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 26, 2007
    5. Apr 15, 2010 1:28 PM (in response to Guest )

Terrific race. The shuttles to the start and from the finish line back to our cars were well organized. The post race food was great - nice spread! I was impressed with the support at the aid stations which included water, sports drink, Endurolytes and gels. The course was well maintained. The course was also challenging without being dangerous. Probably the nicest volunteers I've ever encountered at a race.

My only suggestion is that mile markers would be helpful.

Congrats to the organizers. Thanks for adding a terrific distance race in Raleigh...especially a trail race!

• Jim Wei Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 3, 2008
    6. Apr 21, 2010 6:42 PM (in response to Guest )

My first trail race and this was an awesome experience.  Love the aid stations people, and the buffet at finish.  Great course!  Definitely will be back next year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...