Skip navigation

2377 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 10, 2011 9:53 AM by maromaewq RSS
ericbenjaming Legend 456 posts since
Jan 5, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

May 1, 2010 8:02 AM

Ultimate Performing Player

I just saw this from TV today - Castrol EDGE Ultimate Performing Player.

http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/galleries/sport/football/foc/large/20100430_09_gyi0060309696.jpg

With the hair of Carles Puyol, the eyes of Xavi, Lionel Messi’s dynamic left foot and the accuracy of Thierry Henry’s right, the explosive legs of Cristiano Ronaldo and the imposing height of Peter Crouch, the world’s ultimate performing football player was unveiled today in London, by Castrol EDGE and the Ivory Coast manager, Sven Goran Eriksson.

While he may look a little odd, the 6’7” Castrol EDGE Ultimate Performing Player can boast a transfer value of over £270 million and has a collection of unrivalled world-class football skills that would have top managers around the world clamouring to sign him.

Castrol used objective data and highly advanced technology to analyse the performance of over 2000 players in Europe’s top 5 leagues to reveal a shortlist of 10 whose footballing skills and attributes were deemed worthy enough to create the world’s most formidable footballer.

Each player that features was selected based on a unique performance insight, for example Peter Crouch’s height has allowed him to gain unrivalled aerial supremacy, winning 241 aerial duels last season, over 100 more than his closest rival.

In an average game, Argentine forward Messi makes between 1,000 and 1,500 twists and turns. His ability to move into space and score spectacular goals is unsurpassed – hitting 28 left-footed goals in the last 2 seasons, more than any other left-footed player in La Liga.

Xavi’s ability to pick out an unmarked team mate is well renowned, and no wonder when the Spaniard’s eyes use a peripheral vision equal to that of a fighter pilot. It’s this unsurpassed vision that led to 209 scoring opportunities in the past two seasons and mean that Xavi’s eyes feature in the Castrol EDGE Ultimate Performing Player.

The Castrol EDGE Ultimate Performing Player is made of carbon fibre and wax and took over 6 months to create by two former Madame Tussauds artists. Each life sized body part has been specially sculpted to the exact scale and look of the following players:

Height: Peter Crouch
Hair: Carles Puyol
Eyes: Xavi Hernandez
Chin: Paolo Maldini
Chest: Michael Ballack
Arms: Rory Delap
Hands: Julio Cesar
Legs: Cristiano Ronaldo
Left Foot: Lionel Messi
Right Foot: Thierry Henry

While the model’s body parts were chosen based on objective player performance data, Castrol is encouraging football fans who don’t agree with the players selected to have their say and log on to castrolfootball.com/upp to submit their own Ultimate Performing Player.

• maromaewq Amateur 13 posts since
    Nov 10, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 10, 2011 9:53 AM (in response to ericbenjaming)
    Ultimate Performing Player

I am an italian man. I am an engineer in Italy and I deal me of planning and structural calculation and of housebuilding. My site internet is: http://www.calcolostrutture.net . I like very much the soccer. Soccer in Italy is very hard and the quality of soccer is high. According to me in Italy there are currently some teams that have greater probabilities to win the championship. The teams are Rome, Juventus, Milan, International, Lazio and Naples. I am fan of the Juventus and I hope that at the end of the season the juventus wins the championship. The Juventus in this championship doesn't have to dispute the European cups, for which I hope both favorite for the conquest of the Italian badge. In the last years the level of the Italian soccer to European and world level has been some reorganized and it has decreased its quality, because there are now very strong European teams as the Barcellona, the Manchester United and the Real Madrid. I hope that in the future the Italian soccer returns to be protagonist to European and world level, even with the Juventus as protagonist!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...