Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2300 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2010 9:15 PM by dfitz*
dfitz* Legend 612 posts since
Aug 20, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

May 3, 2010 9:15 PM

Message lost when "send message" button is clicked

Active.com staff --

I tried to send a private message to another user, and when I pressed the "send message" button, there was an error message indicating I had to enter a recipient and that the body of my email could not be blank. What-?? I had typed a very lengthy, detailed message, with the username in the 'To' field. Neither Ctrl-z (undo) nor the Back button could save it. I had made sure the "save a copy" box was checked, but of course the message was not actually sent and was lost. This has happened before and is quite frustrating -- any suggestions?

FYI, I accessed the Compose Message page by clicking on the other user's profile and then the "send a private message" link.

If there is some sort of time-out feature, then users should be warned of this.

Thanks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...