Skip navigation

3591 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2012 3:03 AM by austinart2860 RSS
SlowPokeChu Pro 64 posts since
Dec 29, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

May 21, 2010 3:34 PM

Why do you like swimming?

Hey Everyone!

Just curious, what inspired you to start swimming!!! And have you gotten out of it what you wanted?

• KurtinSC Pro 126 posts since
    Nov 23, 2009
    1. May 28, 2010 2:06 PM (in response to SlowPokeChu)
    Re: Why do you like swimming?

The first time?

My older brother was on a YMCA swim team and by nature I had to do everything my brother did.  (Yes, I was that kind of younger brother).  Then when I won some ribbons and medals... I was hooked.  Stuck with year round competition until I went to college.  I was lucky in that each time we moved, we ended up in a more competitive area... which pushed me to keep improving.

This time, it's to get back into shape and complete a sprint triathlon that's gotten me back in the water.  Though I'm overweight and have nowhere near the athletic ability I had in high school, I'm suprised how much of the stroke is still there.  I guess 12-13 years of year round swimming technique doesn't disapear in a decade and a half.

• luya Rookie 3 posts since
    Feb 3, 2012
    2. Jul 6, 2012 9:37 PM (in response to SlowPokeChu)
    Why do you like swimming?

I just love swimming because it makes me feel good and fit.

• austinart2860 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 9, 2012
    3. Sep 9, 2012 3:03 AM (in response to SlowPokeChu)
    Re: Why do you like swimming?

I really love to swim, but i am not expert.

I was inspired by those swimmers that i saw during international games like the Olympics.

Michael Phelps is one of them. I hope someday i wil meet him and i hope the time will come that i will be an expert swimmer.

----------------------------------

Austin Art Classes

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...