Skip navigation

1690 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2011 2:19 PM by leahhenny RSS
mvulanich Rookie 3 posts since
Nov 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

May 23, 2010 11:59 PM

San Francisco Tri Club query

I am a 24 y/o age grouper who just moved from Cincinnati to SF. I was looking at the area tri clubs and have turned up SF Tri Club and the Golden Gate Tri Club. It seems as if the GGTC is a little bigger and I have heard decent things about GGTC, but I know very little about either club. After the move and new job, I need to get back into training harder and think that I'd benefit from some group training.

Has anyone had experience with either/both clubs? How were the people/social aspects, the training opportunities, member benefits, etc.? Any recommendations based on what you liked or disliked?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

• dwarner537 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 23, 2009
    1. Jun 11, 2010 9:13 PM (in response to mvulanich)
    Re: San Francisco Tri Club query

I am a bit south of you in Silicon Valley and belong to the SVTC. This is an awesome club with tons of members. I was looking into the GGTC to when I relocated here from DC last Dec. I have heard good things about the GG club. Nothing on the SF club. Sorry. Good luck

David

dw

• leahhenny Rookie 2 posts since
    May 1, 2008
    2. Jul 15, 2011 2:19 PM (in response to mvulanich)
    Re: San Francisco Tri Club query

i know this is an old post, but what did you learn/figure out/end up doing?

i'm in the east bay, have been training hard this summer, and getting tired of solo training. am thinking maybe i should look into joining a club. i think the SF or GG clubs are the closest to me. any thoughts on one or the other? does anyone know if there are east bay-ers in either of them?

thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points