Skip navigation

3390 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2010 6:39 AM by ericbenjaming
MorganRaiders Pro 61 posts since
May 22, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 30, 2010 7:37 PM

How do you get into an aggressive mindset?

What are your ways of getting into the proper mindset and being ready for the game.

• brayden3127 Amateur 26 posts since
    Apr 18, 2010
    2. May 31, 2010 12:01 PM (in response to MorganRaiders)
    Re: How do you get into an aggressive mindset?

Okay so first of all you have to beleive that you are by far the best player on the court and noone can stick you. Then it needs to turn into you attacking becuase you know your team needs you and becuase once again noone can stick you. You also have to have a killer instinct withen you that will come our and be shown once you start attacking

• coachmm Amateur 35 posts since
    May 5, 2010
    3. Jun 1, 2010 8:48 AM (in response to MorganRaiders)

If you want to take your game to the next level then Point Guard  College is the place for you.  I share this with you  because I personally   attended   and  the  program had a big impact on  me.  I also had the   opportunity to   see   how it impacted the skills  and approach of the   athletes that  attended.   In my 20 years of  coaching I have not seen  a  better camp.  when you leave this camp you will have a better understanding of the game and a great mindset.

Point Guard College -      As a coach I have learned so much in the last three years at PGC.  The   staff is  amazing,   the content is great.  It is an intense   training  opportunity   geared toward  mature, dedicated and   eager-to-learn  athletes.  Point Guard College (PGC) is a no-nonsense   learning  experience  for  junior high school to college-aged  male  and  female  student-athletes.    This is not your  typical   basketball camp.  It's called a “college” for  a  reason.  If  you do  not  want to work to get better then go somewhere   else.

Don't   let   the name fool you! PGC  is open to players of all  positions.     PGC believes everyone  should have the mindset of a  point guard    because  everyone has the  capacity to influence the  group and be a    playmaker.

The  multi-course curriculum is specially designed to teach  basketball  players to play the game intelligently, to train  purposefully, and to  be  true leaders during games, in practice, during  the off-season,  and  in  everyday life.

This    summer,  PGC will be offering 45 sessions across  the United  States  and   Canada. I  urge you to consider optimizing your   off-season  development   by  attending Point Guard College. There are   three (3)  courses for you   to  choose from 2010: THE PREP   SCHOOL,    THINK  THE GAME, and ESSENTIALS.

(1)The Prep School: Geared toward   athletes in the     7th-10th grades.  Learn more at www.pointguardcollege.com/pgc/prep-school

(2) Think      The Game & (3) Essentials: Focused  on serving student-athletes in the 9th grade to right up to   college-aged athletes. More info is available online: Think The Game  - www.pointguardcollege.com/pgc/think-the-game        / Essentials - www.pointguardcollege.com/pgc/essentials

By attending a course this summer, you can learn skills and concepts  to take your game to the next level. None of the courses are 'better'     than   any other. Each course just has a different focus. All of the     courses   use a "See It, Hear It, Do It" format; that is, a   combination   of video   analysis, in-class learning and on-court   instruction.   Ultimately, that   is what makes the content and teaching   unlike any   experience you’ve had   before.

Log   on to their website at www.pointguardcollege.com to get more info on PGC and read what graduates who have gone on to      play  college and professional basketball have to say about its   impact    on  them.

Once     you’re ready to register for a course,  use the PROMO  CODE: "AMBP2".  By   entering this code, you will     automatically be entered into a  drawing  to win back your tuition.

I can’t   wait to hear all about  your experience at PGC! If you have  any questions, I’d be glad to answer  them for you.

Best  regards,

Edgar      Medinilla

East Region Representative
    Los Angeles     Basketball  Coaches  Association

PGC COACH AMBASSADOR

"I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice."

-Allen Iverson

• Malik18 Legend 377 posts since
    Mar 29, 2010
    4. Jun 1, 2010 10:12 AM (in response to MorganRaiders)

You just gotta think about attacking the basket, you gotta call for the ball, and just be prepared to take it into anyone

• Busdriverkid Legend 362 posts since
    Apr 16, 2010
    5. Jun 2, 2010 12:16 PM (in response to MorganRaiders)

Chew juicyfruit

• Malik18 Legend 377 posts since
    Mar 29, 2010
    6. Jun 3, 2010 11:01 AM (in response to Busdriverkid)

LOL

• DUP808 Amateur 11 posts since
    Jun 3, 2010
    8. Jun 4, 2010 1:08 PM (in response to MorganRaiders)

For each player, there is a different technique or ritual.  Some use music to get pumped as they prepare for the game.  Some just get a hard warm up, to get some sweat rolling and visualize their plan game speed.  Some people switch into their aggressive mind set during the game, depending on the intensity of the game. What it does come down  to is how much competitive spirit you have and how much heart you'll have during the game.  You can't just shut down if you're down in points. You got to want it.  Pride has got to kick in. You got to dig deep, throw your mental skills in to overdrive. Just remember, when things aren't going well on the offensive side, and shots just won't fall, DEFENSE will get you through.  DEFENSE is the best OFFENSE.

• ericbenjaming Legend 456 posts since
    Jan 5, 2009
    9. Jun 5, 2010 6:39 AM (in response to coachmm)

This is such an awesome answer! I like your Iverson signature. Haha..

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points