Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1122 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2010 4:41 PM by Stormysilver RSS
Stormysilver Rookie 5 posts since
Apr 23, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 1, 2010 1:44 PM

In need of running shoes... Reaching out to the running community

Well my question is simple... I am in need of some new running shoes. I have been working the Couch to 5K program for 6 weeks. And I never

thought I would have made it this far, but Im totally excited that I have! I am a single female supporting myself and at this time there is no way

I can afford a new pair of running shoes which I need badly. I have spoken with others with issues Im having, and all in all it breaks down to

needing a new pair of shoes. I have been training in some old Adidas that are 3 years old never knew what an impact shoes have on running.

Can anyone help with me with buying a new pair of shoes? As a donation? Or anyone have an idea where I can speak with someone about

getting a gift certificate for new shoes? My first 5K is June 26th and I wanted to have some time to break them in which I know is important.

Thanks for taking a look and any advice that anyone has.

Stormy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points