Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

768 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2010 6:09 PM by djsturtevant
djsturtevant Amateur 16 posts since
May 23, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 1, 2010 6:09 PM

Strange toe discomfort

The pinky toe on my left foot began bothering me last night after an evening run.  I have very small toes and it seems as if the nail was either digging into the outside of the adjacent toe or the toe was rubbing against the adjacent toe causing some discomfort.

I typically can run through most pain/discomfort but I had to call it quits this afternoon while out for a recovery run.  After about 10 minutes, every time I pushed off, I felt this strange, pin-*****-like sensation.  I trimmed the nail after I got back and haven't worn shoes since but I can still touch it and get a similar sensation, though not identical.

Does anyone have any idea what I could do to help alleviate this?  Taping the toe?  Could my shoes be too narrow?  (I have worn these shoes since February and had the same model shoe since the fall with no issue). Anything?

I can't run tomorrow so I have a little time to let any "damage" heal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points