Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1014005 Views 4,714 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2013 5:15 PM by timbrown7573 Go to original post 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 ... 315 Previous Next
  • NancyLFreeman Legend 243 posts since
    Feb 17, 2010

It's nice to see some old familiar faces popping up again!  Coach is out of town this week and I've been seriously slacking on my runs - I honestly can't figure out how I managed to train to a full-up marathon plan last summer!  It was overcast on the 4th, so I was able to sleep in until 6:00 and still get a 5-mile run in w/o cooking my brains.  It was wicked humid though!

I convinced one of my hiking buddies to do the "Coon Bluff Extreme Heat Adventure Race" tomorrow, which will be a first for both of us.  They deliberately keep the details under wraps - we know that we'll have to read a map, inflate a raft by hand, and that there's blindfolds involved at some point.

MaryKay, wow, sounds like you need to hire the services of Little Bunny Foo Foo to take care of your mice problem - or maybe borrow a neighbor's cat?  Courage, as the French say.  Don't forget to take care of yourself.  BTW, I lol'd a little at your strategy of "You can make it to that next shade; just one more patch." because it was so familiar!

Webpro11, woohoo and congrats on your 14.5 mile run, especially with that temp! 

Kim, I also wear Asics (Mizunas) and I wear a size 9W, where I'd wear a 7-1/2 for regular & dress shoes.  I think Asics run a little small.

Rob, maybe you could email your post to one of us and see if we could post it?  I doubt there's any "restricted content" involved - Active just has a flaky backend. which is why my blog is over on Wordpress now.

Speaking of which, I *finally* have my Easter Island Marathon post up:  http://runningupthat.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/maraton-rapa-nui-6312/

Cheers,

Nan

visit me at RunningUpThatHill, my blog on Wordpress!

6/3/12 Maraton Rapa Nui 5:00:49 (PR)

10/16/11 Istanbul Eurasia Marathon 5:10:25

2/20/11 Lost Dutchman Marathon 5:29:50
    2/19/12 Lost Dutchman HM 2:10:08 (PR)
    11/22/12 Mesa Turkey Trot 10K 59:48 (PR)
    4/14/12 Phoenix Firefly 5K 28:41 (PR)
    Upcoming:
    12/2/12 Fiesta Bowl HM
    12/8/12 PHX Hot Chocolate 5K
    6/23/13 Bay of Fundy Marathon
    2/14 Tokyo Marathon
    11/14 Antarctic Ice Marathon
    ?
  • Rob Pelletier Amateur 20 posts since
    Jul 31, 2011

Wow, Nan!

Looks like you like to travel to torture yourself!  Istanbul, Easter Island...  I thought a 6 hour bus trip to my first marathon was traveling!

Enjoyed your blog on the Easter Island marathon.  I've only run one marathon, and it WAS a flat course.  Time was 5:22...

I wasn't concerned about the time, so it is what it is.  Since I tend to tire out after about 12 - 13 miles, I did a lot of walking on the return trip.  I'm working on my endurance now:  if I ever do run another marathon, it would be nice to do it under 5 hours.  (I've been telling everyone "Never again!", but nobody believes me.)

Thanks for your offer to try to post for me.  I condensed and re-wrote the post, and it uploaded fine.  Sent it as an attachment when I asked support for help, but they haven't replied (tried them twice).  Oh well, life goes on...

• urun2me Pro 194 posts since
    Jun 7, 2010

Hello, all. I'm finally checking in. I arrived safely in Innsbruck a week ago. I got in a 4.5 mile run before departing on Friday, travelled into Saturday, spent Sunday trying to adjust to the seven hour time difference, and spent Monday helping to get the program started. Finally on Tuesday I had the opportunity to get in my scheduled seventeen mile long run. The weather had been high (95 when we arrived) and we'd also had some severe rain so I said my prayers on Monday night - hoping for cooler temperatures and cloud cover. I got both. By the middle of the run I thanked God for the wonderful conditions during the first half and told Him He could bring anything on for the second half, I was ready! I covered the distance comfortably using a 1:1 run:walk ratio. Overall pace was under 12 minutes, so a very pleasent morning. I had a little residual stiffness later in the day, but nothing to write home about. Thursday's run was an easy speed 4.5 mile run. I started another 4-5 mile run this morning, but at mile 1.25, I tripped on a rock sticking up in the path and took a nice spill. I hit first with my left hand (grinding fine grit into the wound that opened up), then went down on my left knee and hip before rolling to the edge of the path which then descends quickly into the very cold and very rapidly moving River Inn. Thank goodness I didn't end up in the water!! I popped back up, embarrassed more than anything, and continued my run. I soon realized that my hand was bleeding and dirty and that I could feel some soreness in my knee and hip. I quickly decided to be a smart runner and cut this run short. I ran back to the apartment without too much trouble and spent quite a bit of time cleaning my palm. I'm fine now and plan to try the run again in the morning. This time I'll pay more attention to the rocks and perhaps pick up my feet a little higher!

I hope everyone survives the heat this summer. Be careful out there and stay healthy.

• mkayc Legend 582 posts since
    Jun 8, 2011

Debra, your words feel so wonderful! Thank you. You are right. I am overwhelmed but feel like if I can get a training schedule firmed up and started, it will give me some structure to rely on to corral the chaos when it starts to fly. Maybe wishful thinking but it's a goal. Good for you going indoors! Your track sounds like a vacation!

DiDi, I've missed your posts but am glad to hear you are running. Have any race plans for the near future?

Kim, you are going well with your training. I didn't realize you're planning to run a full and not a half. That's huge! It will be so exciting!! I love running and I have moments of joy with every run. I just like to share the good and the bad because we all have off days and it's hard to read through a long string of celebrations when you're going through struggle. Also, I've received some very helpful input like Debra's reminder that life can be messy or Urun's advice on injury. When I'm in the thick of it, I tend to lose perspective.

Urun, great to hear from you!! What a nice trip! (Innsbruck :-D) That sounds so scenic! Awful sorry about the fall! I pictured you on a paved path. Hope the soreness doesn't last!! You didn't mention DH's run journey or how you are doing on your marathon training? I hope you're not suffering the same heat and humidity we're going through!

Rob, I think the Active.com site has had a virus. I recently got a bunch of emails that were posts from April-May along with a few current ones but the funny thing was that some of the current ones (your's and Nan's). Anyway, I say this because you might not be the only one affected and hopefully the support team will get on it soon. You are seeing some wonderful progess in distance!! Congratulations!! Ice baths are a wonderful way to avoid muscle soreness the day after a hard run or workout. Fill the tub with only cold water and throw in some ice packs. Get in and soak for 10-20 min., as long as you can stand it. It actually is refreshing in this heat after you get past the initial shock. It works when you can do it within an hour or so after your run. I've never tried it when it's taken me more than an hour to get home. Anyone else had any success with this when there's been a delay?

Nan, Little Bunny Foo Foo is indeed welcome. Send her over! I have two feral cats and we are not friends. Allergic. I use traps that catch the mice in a maze but don't kill them so I have to listen to them struggle all night trying to get out and then dump them in the back in the morning. I've caught over 15 since January. If I'd taken the mice more seriously when they first appeared, I'd probably have the problem whooped but I'm renovating the house. With holes everywhere, it seemed like a fool's errand to try and stop them from coming in. Rethinking that approach. Yeah, I bargain with myself when I'm tired.  I'll believe almost anything when I'm tired.

Marie, bless you for carrying for Mom!! DS is a home health nurse so she's taken on watching over Mom for the time. I have tons of respect for people who have the patience and care to do that because that's not me. I so understand now when people say they would trade almost anything for one more day with a loved one, though.  So sorry about your ankle but 65 degrees in TN? I take it you weren't running at 2 am? So envious! This morning at 8:55 it was already 85 degrees and couldn't have been much more humid. I would have gotten out earlier but Trainer Brad wore me out yesterday, I ignored the alarm and it was an hour drive to trail head. I wanted to scope out the course for my race next Sunday. It's a great trail, much like all the others, except I had to duck 13 bikers! No prob. I had no wind and glutes were screaming so I lasted 1.5 mi. running and walked 2.3. 3.8 mi. in 76 min. See, Kim, I am slowwww! Think I'll be passing on the race and doing a training run. 

It's supposed to cool down tonight and tomorrow. I cannot wait!

Run strong and fierce!

Mary Kay

Running: Started 5/6/2011; Graduated C25k - 7/21/11; Graduated B210k - 11/24/11;

PRs: 5k - 36:42; 8k - 1:10; 4.15 m - 53.41; 10k - 1:18; HM - 2:56:31

I may be slow but I'm persistant.

Goals: 5k under 30 min.; HM under 2 hr.; AG award in the USAF HM! and one full marathon.

It won't be easy but it will be worth it!

• Webpro11 Legend 258 posts since
    Feb 27, 2011

WOW what a busy week everyone had!!!!

we went to Pa to see family and escape the FL heat for a week. what a surprise. it was hotter in Philly than Fl. Thanks to Joseph Trees post I found two new great places to run. I Got two great 5 mile runs in at two different parks near Valley Forge. the rolling hills were a little different for this FL guy.

Nancy How did your race go.

mKay Hope all is well. remember running is as much of a head game as a physical one.

Didi Missed all your posting. My Chicago Marathon training is going well. Next weeks longs run is 16 miles. can't believe al those baby steps at the beginning have gotten me this far in only 2 years.

what's on scour future racing schedule ?

Urun I'm jealous. sounds like a great place to keep up your training.

Marie We just drove 2500 miles round trip to see my active healthy 93 yr old Mom. Every day is a blessing.

Kim Knapp I train with a Timex Ironman GPS global trainer. the HR monitor is pretty accurate.

Debra what a 4th you had. Running with you Son. Sounds like that and the Barbecue was the best part.

2012 Races: Tony from Florida

Jan.7,2012 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Orlando FL 02:09:14 PR

Oct 7 2012 Chicago Marathon Chicago Illinois 05:17:43

Feb 10, 2012 Rock N Roll Half Marathon St Petersburg FL

2011 Races:

Started running at 58 ( Nov 23rd 2010)

Half Marathon Results

Oct 31,2011 Fl Halloween Halfathron 02:18:22

Sept 4, 2011 Dodge Rock ‘n’ Roll Virgina Beach Half Marathon 02:28:20

April 30,2011 Country Music Half Marathon Nashville TN 02:56:02

• urun2me Pro 194 posts since
    Jun 7, 2010

Mary Kay, my husband is still on the disabled list. He tore his meniscus in May, had to stop running until he healed, which should have been in mid July. Well, the first night we were in Innsbruck I forgot my purse, with my passport and credit cards inside. He RAN back to the church to get it (not a bad place to lose a purse if you have a choice in where you lose it ;-P) and probably put too much stress on that knee. Later that evening he took an off balance step off of the curb and twisted his knee. So, his return to running has probably been pushed back a few more weeks. We are taking long walks and making plans to find a later marathon. He really misses the runs. He put his running shorts on the other day and remarked how good it felt to have them on again and to be closer to getting back to training. I miss having him out there with me, but this is just a temporary setback. We'll be out there together again soon!

• RobinfromMaine Pro 162 posts since
    Dec 6, 2008

Hi, everyone

It's been good to read posts from familiar and new names, to hear about goals set and achieved, injuries overcome. Sympathy to all still dealing with injuries as well as the trials of running, and of life in general.

Somehow ACTIVE has decided to let me post today, for the first time in what seems like ages. I'll blame my aging brain for the fact that I have now forgotten all of those important things that I'd wanted to chime in with.

Here in Maine I've been able to get in most of my runs early in the morning, while the temperature is only in the 70s, although even that feels hot. This is the pay off for winter running with eight layers of clothing, icy roads, and temperatures in the teens. In March I was running up hill into a strong headwind blowing particles of ice in my face, in 17 degree weather, and I was amazed that I could even make forward progress. This morning I ran up the same hill into a wonderful refreshing breeze . I honestly don't know how so many people manage to run with temperatures in the 80s and higher.

I skipped the local half marathon that took place this morning. I just didn't feel like it, hadn't really trained for it, had already run extra miles this week, and figured I'd be better off doing my normal LSD, so did 11.1 miles and started earlier than the half, which was a good thing because of the temperature. Two weeks ago I did run a half marathon, a little farther away, but flatter. It started at 7:30 a.m., so I got up at 4:30 a.m. in order to eat breakfast and then leave allowing enough time to get lost and still arrive on time.

I claim that record for most races missed because I couldn't find them [two last year]-- there was one 5K last fall that was supposed to start at a named building on the local college campus. I'm not that familiar with the campus, but I've gone to lectures in that exact building. What they didn't say was that sign in for the race was in a totally different place, a quarter of a mile away on a different street. I arrived at the named building, walked around, saw absolutely no sign of anything like a race or runners, and finally gave up. The racers straggled from the sign-in to the starting point, which turned out to be on the sidewalk across the street from the named building, fifteen minutes after the published start time for the race. I went home and ran a soothing 5 miler.

Fortunately I was able to find the half marathon, which was well organized, and ran 2:11:26, good for second out of the three of us 60+ year old females running. (There was a 5K option, and there were four more 60+ year old females running that, and they all ran at slower pace than the three of us doing the half. The bell-shaped curve of finishing times for the half was very narrow, with no really elite times, but all but one runner coming in under 2:45.)

Someone awhile ago mentioned chi running. I read the book and thought that there were a lot of good points, although I haven't tried to master all of them. I do find that it works well for me to run with a higher foot-strike per minute and vary my pace by shortening or lengthening my stride. When I run up hill I am taking short strides, and that is when it is easiest to pay attention to form (I am a mid-foot striker, and it's a lot easier to tell running up hill.)

Robin from Main

• okjoan Amateur 9 posts since
    Jul 9, 2012

Good morning! I am new here and have been reading, trying to decide which thread to post in for the first time. I guess this 50+ thread fits.

I am 50, really overweight, and I have rheumatoid arthritis. The disease is my greatest challenge. Since May I have been feeling pretty good. The meds I am on now are working. Unfortunately, because of the nature of the disease, what works today might fail tomorrow. Regardless, in March I signed up at the Y and hired a personal trainer for weight training.

I started C25K last month, never, ever dreaming I could actually run again. Despite all my increased activity, weights 2x a week, C25K 3x a week, 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 x a week, I have not lost a pound. Maybe it's time to diet?

Anyway, I feel better, stronger, and healthier than I have in years. My goal is to run a 5k at the end of September.

Thank you!

• PaintingLady Legend 906 posts since
    Dec 12, 2009

OKJOAN...welcome!!!  and congratulations on deciding to be proactive on your issues. Exercise does help RA.  Yep, diet, is a big factor in wt loss.... bummer!  You will be ready for the 5K in sept.

Robin. Great to see you back. We've missed you.  2:11 on a HM...wow, great job!

urun...so sorry to hear of all of your husbands' woes. Wow, he has had it rough. I wish him well in his recovery.

Tony, sounds like the Valley Forge runs were neat. I'd love to run some of the battle fields. There is a hm at Gettysburg and one at Chickamauga. Probably some others, but those two are definatley on my wish list.

Well, the cool lasted all of a half of a day. I'm looking at 75+deg at daybreak most every morning. But, I'm getting aclimated and just moderate pace to keep it interesting.  Today was a 4 miler w/ cadence drills and hill repeats.

Happy Running my mighty master friends!

Marie from Tennessee

Training for Disney 2013 Goofy Challenge.....Yes, I'm certifiably CRAZY!

61 year olds must be out of their minds to run a half marathon followed by a full the next day!

Disney Half Marathon 1/7/2012 2:37:59

Bear Hunt 5K 9/24/11 28:28 pb

Trojan Trek Trail 5K 8/6/11 31:45

Expo 10K 5/28/11 1:01:28,

Expo 10K 5/26/12 1:05:39

Eastman 10K 9/8/2012 1:01:11 pb

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1

• girlintheorchard Pro 168 posts since
    Aug 2, 2010

Robin~Welcome back!  I've missed your posts and race reports, and hopeful you are able to continue to post in the future.  Congratulations on a great HM(how many is that for you?) and 2nd in AG win!  I am also fondly recalling those wonderful winter days running in 20 degree temperatures, too! 

urun~Hope you have recovered from the fall, and so sorry to hear about DH injury.  What a'knight in shining armour' to run back to retrieve your purse!  Enjoy your stay in Austria.

Tony~What an appropriate place to run to celebrate Independence Day!  Keep up the great training for you FM!

Mary Kay~So what HM training plan have you decided to start this week(nudge, nudge)?  I'm on week 3 of the Higdon Novice 2 plan, with a little speed work thrown in on alternate Wednesdays. 

Rob~Hope you had a great race yesterday.  Looking forward to reading your Race Report!

Nan~Enjoyed reading your RR from the Easter Island.  Always fascinated with the moai since watching those Nat Geo specials as a kid.  Can't wait to read about the Extreme Heat Adventure Race!!  Take care....

Kim~WTG on your 13 mile long run -- in Houston heat & humidity no less!  Impressive.

Di~Great to 'hear' from you.  Missed you and your inspirational quotes!  What race are you training for next?

Marie~Bless your heart as you care for your aging parents. I'm not looking forward to having "The Talk" with my dad about not renewing his dirver's liscense this year.  He turns 89 this month.  Both he and my mom are in great health, but declining vision and reaction time are of concern. 

The 100+  degree temps of last week have moved on, and we are once again in the normal range in the 80's.  I enjoyed a cooler 7 mile run on the shaded bike path yesterday.  My husband is back to running after recuperating from hernia surgery, so we ran the first mile together.  I continued on as he ran back to pick up the bike and catch up with me at mile 4.5.  On Sunday mornings the path is so peaceful, the birds were enjoying the cooler temps and singing their hearts out.  A nearby church's carillon bells were echoing hymns through the woods and I couldn' help but sing along, too.  Just then a doe and her fawn hoped out of the woods(hope it wasn't my singing?), and ran away from me toward a runner coming the opposite way.  Just 5 feet in front of the runner, they scurried back into the woods.  The runner's eyes were as big as saucers as they approached her -- new meaning to the phrase "deer in the headlights"!  Have a great week everyone!

Run strong, friends!

• girlintheorchard Pro 168 posts since
    Aug 2, 2010

Welcome OKJOAN! -- Happy to have you on board!  Be proud that you are doing this for yourself, but don't judge  weight loss as the measure of your fitness.  Like Marie said, diet is the facto to weight loss.  Perhaps your trainer can steer you toward a good weight loss plan(Weight Watchers come to mind) that will provide you with the fuel needed to continue your fitness regimen, but are smarter caloric choices.  All the best to you, and keep us posted on your progress.

Run strong!

• SteveBikeRun Legend 455 posts since
    Aug 3, 2010

okjoan:  Welcome to our forum and congratulations on your improvement.  I agree that diet is a big part of weight loss (and keeping it off afterwards).  Your local hospital might have some weight loss classes.  Keep it up and you will be ready for your 5K.

urun:  I envy your being able to run in Europe.  I trust you recovered quickly from your fall.  When we wer ein Europe in April, I did not take any running clothes (had packed them and then took them out).  There were bike/running paths almost everywhere we were in Germany and the Netherlands, and we had free time.  Now I know.

We are camping again this week, so I did five miles this morning on the trails.  The heat has broken temporarily, so it was about 60 this morning at 6.  Still somewhat humid, but much improved from Saturday.  We're due for 90+ temps again in a few days, so I'll get my outdoor runs in this week and then retreat again to the health club.

Have a good week of training.

--Steve

Completed in 2012:

The Qualifier HM, Midland MI, May 2012, 2:58, 80+ degrees

Dam to Dam 20K, Des Moines, IA, June 2012, 2:17, PR for this race

Garry Bjorklund HM, Duluth, MN, June 2012, 2:20

Fox Valley HM, St. Charles, IL, 9/16/12, 2:23

Des Moines HM, 10/21/12, 2:19

Tentative plans for 2013:

Wisconsin (Half) Marathon, Kenosha, WI 5/4/2013 (registered)

Dam To Dam 20K, Des Moines, 6/2/2013 (registration opens March 20th)

Grandma's (Half) Marathon, Duluth, MN, 6/22/2013 (if I get picked again in the lottery)

Des Moines HM, 10/20/2013 (registered)

• DiDi55 Pro 120 posts since
    Jun 10, 2010

NAN:  Great to see your post! Anxious to hear about you "Coon Bluff" experience; what an adventure. Don't know which would freak me out more; being blindfolded or having to read a map....LOL!

URUN2ME:  Glad your ok from your spill; & didn't land in the water! I have been very lucky. I have tripped on my share of rocks but as of yet; have not fallen. Here is hoping your hubby will be able to join you in running real soon.

ROBIN: Welcome back! I think we all can chime in on "our aging brains"!  I keep a bunch of post-it-notes handy!

JOAN: Give yourself a big pat on the back for taking charge of your health! Yea...that "watching what you eat part " of it really stinks; doesn't it?! The wonderful thing about running though is once you reach whatever goal weight you've determined for yourself; if your consistent in running; you will maintain!

MARYKAY:  Thanks for the reminder of the ice baths.  With my long run due Saturday; am thinking I need to try it!  You; as well as Debra & Webpro asked about upcoming races. Not registered for any until my HM the end of September. Keeping my eye out for 5 or 10k's...really enjoy them!

STEVE: When is your grandbaby due? I am thinking it must be fairly soon!

I will close with this...Let us be grateful to people who make us happy. They are the charming gardners who make our souls blossom!

Started Running August 2008

5 mile race/May 2010 59:00

5 mile race/July 2010 62:00

Half Marathon/September 2010 2:45

5 mile race/May 2011 63:00

Half Marathon 09/24/2011 2:53

5k 03/31/2012 43:00

5k 06/09/2012 41:39.5

If your tired of starting over; stop giving up!

• pkar Pro 66 posts since
    Feb 21, 2011

Urun - sorry to hear about your tumble and your husband's wrenched knee.

I think it mut be that huge full moon we had this month. So many I know have had bad falls- including me. I misstepped off a curb and landn on my face. The strained wrists and the grated nose job are pretty well healed. Just need a few more days for the bruised ribs to recover. I was able to continue my Team In Training meetings with only a few modifications. Last week we did a 6 mile speed walk, which I was able to handle quie well. Saturday I have entered a 10K event. This will be the longest race for me. The route will be on an asphalt road that runs along a mountain ridge, with gentle undulation, but very little change in altitude. I am hoping to come in under 2 hours. Nothing compared to many of us in this list, but 6.4 miles will be a long way for me. I'm sure this group will be cheering me on.

Phyllis

Phyllis - 87

San Jose CA

Aug 18, 2010 Started walking/running In my Neighborhood, SJ CA 1 mi 26:08 min

My First Race

Nov 14,2010 Habitat for Humanity, Stanford, Ca 5K 56:08 min 3rd Women’s 70+

2012 Events:

1/1/12 New Years Runfor Healthy World Palo Alto 5K 46:33

1/28/12 Coyote Hills, Fremont CA 5K 52:59

3/3/12 Helyer Park, San Jose 5K 46:47

3/10/12 Juana Run Palo alto 8K 1:12:22

3/11/12 Calif. Senior Games Palo Alto Race Walk 5K 44:56 Qualified in my age group for Nationals in 2013

3/17/12 Go Green St Patricks Day Run 5K 31:27 Actual distance run: 2.22 miles

• justrundan Legend 202 posts since
    Jul 22, 2011

Mary Kay-Sorry to hear about the mice problem; you may need to deal with them 'more definitively'.   Had my own mouse experience yesterday; after returning from the trip to SW Missouri to inter my Mom's ashes, I was cleaning out the car.  I turned on my large shop-vac style vacuum and a live mouse shot out the exhaust port and landed 4 feet away, where it recovered and scurried behind a shelf.  Several traps were set before we left for Northern WI today!

The trip to MO went well, but lots of tiring driving.  I was able to run 6.6 miles through and around several neighborhoods before it got too hot. Two of my three siblings were able to make the trip as well, so the time at the graveside with them was a good way to honor and remember my Mom.  Read Ps 23 and several passages from Jn 14; closed with Amazing Grace.  Fortunately GW and my niece carried that, since my brothers and I cannot carry a tune at all! 

Hoping to get in my long run while in N Wisconsin this week; it is supposed to be in 50's early morning, so it couldn't get any better than that.

Run strong this week friends!

Dan

Dan-started running 1/29/2011 at age 57

notable 2012 runs:

Crazylegs Classic-Madison-8K--4/28/2012--00:52:14

Roxbury Rural Run--5K--5/5/2012-- 29:32-PR

Haslanger Classic--10K--8/4/2012--1:06:19 PR

WO-ZHA-WA Run--HM--9/15/2012--2:37:45

Honky Tonk Marathon- Wisconsin Dells- 10/21/2012-5:39:09

2013 runs:

Fleet Feet New Year's Day Dash-8K-1/1/2013--54:23

Door County HM- 5/4/2013