Skip navigation

1962 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2010 11:37 AM by Busdriverkid
KingJames24 Amateur 13 posts since
Apr 20, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 10, 2010 7:03 PM

Gym?

Work out in the Gym or work out at home?

I choose Gym....

• iAthletes Legend 429 posts since
    Jan 7, 2010
    1. Jun 11, 2010 3:31 AM (in response to KingJames24)
    Re: Gym?

I agree, working out in a gym eliminates a lot of factors (wind, uneven courts, non-regulation dimensions), that would be my first option as well.

But there is something to say about being out in the driveway outside training once in a while...good luck!

Danny

Founder of the worlds first ever online basketball camp, 3-Point Academy

Our home website; Innovative Athletes

Email: dannym@innovativeathletes.com

Follow iAthletes on Twitter

• Malik18 Legend 377 posts since
    Mar 29, 2010
    2. Jun 11, 2010 9:00 AM (in response to KingJames24)

As for physical workouts the gym but for basketball its broken down like this

Indoor Court builds skill, Outdoor court builds toughness

yea you can gain 1 from the other(skill outdoor/toughness indoor) but its not the same.

Indoor courts attract competition and allow you to play despite the weather outside

Outdoor court require you to brave the elements,play tends to be more physical, and when you get knocked onto the unforgiving concrete, you gotta pick yourself up and get right back in it.

I used to play on mostly outdoor courts, until i got a gym membership, now i play outdoors every now and then, its good to do both.

• DevinAdcock Amateur 18 posts since
    Apr 4, 2010
    3. Jun 11, 2010 11:29 AM (in response to KingJames24)

id have to say the gym even though 95% of the time i play outside (mainly because i do not own a membership to the gym) but at a gym you can work on layups better and the lines will help you get that court feeling so your more familiar with it when you play in games if you play outside your whole offseason the gym is just gunna be a familiar face when the season starts back up when it should be like your best friend or the backside of your hand something along those lines. but id have to say the gym is a better place to play because the hoops usually hang from the ceiling so you can do layups and what not the lines are official and you dont have to ajust your shot depending on what the wind is doing, you also can play when its raining and cold and what not

• Crozzley Pro 79 posts since
    Apr 9, 2010
    4. Jun 11, 2010 12:09 PM (in response to KingJames24)

I would use the gym. the gym has wieghts, and ussaly homes dont. There are some really good people at the gym to meet and play. You can work on skills at thegym and play pick up games. You can make some friends and learn what to work on.

I would use the gym.

• DFENSE808 Pro 126 posts since
    Jun 5, 2010
    5. Jun 11, 2010 1:06 PM (in response to KingJames24)

I'd always prefer to use the gym, but, there are a lot of times that the gym is not available and the outside courts have the heavier competition. You do gain a little more toughness on the outside courts.  You always worry that you might be risking injury, but, the same could happen in the gym.  I will go where ever there is ball to be played.

• Busdriverkid Legend 362 posts since
    Apr 16, 2010
    6. Jun 12, 2010 11:37 AM (in response to KingJames24)

For me it dosen't really matter just wich ever I'm up to

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points