Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1243 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2010 10:39 AM by Karensfit4life RSS
Karensfit4life Expert 80 posts since
Dec 27, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 17, 2010 10:05 AM

Half Marathon October 2010 Training/Support/Accountability Group

I am hoping to start a training/support/accountability group for anyone running their first half-marathon in October of this year.  It would really be great to give/have that extra support with others that are around the same training schedule.

I have only dabbled in running for the last few years starting the c25k program so many times and never sticking with it.  I finally completed it in January of last year, WooHoo!  I actually managed to get myself up to a 6 mile run in June of last year without following any program but then I let life get in the way without any specific goal or race to work towards.  I decided this summer would be different.  I have been getting in the occassional 4 mile run here and there, maybe twice a month but nothing too serious.  The beginning of may I decided to bite the bullet and sign up for a half marathon on October 17th and started following Hal Higdon's 10k training program and LOVE it!!!!!  I am currently on Week 7 and will be completing this program very soon so I will be looking at getting my half marathon training schedule penciled out very soon.

Anyone interested in joining this group?  Tell us about yourself, your training and your upcoming race :-)

Karen (38)

Mom to 2 boys (13 and 5)

5/22/10 Festival of Hope 5k [39:12]

10/17/10 1st Half Marathon - Girlfriends Half Marathon Vancouver, WA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...