Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1483 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 20, 2010 4:49 PM by Marykb
Sytera Rookie 2 posts since
Jun 19, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 20, 2010 8:38 AM

C25K walking pace?

I hope to start today and was wondering what a good walking pace is on the walking portions.  I currently walk 2-3 miles once or twice a day.  My pace, with a double stroller and 3 dogs, is roughly 4mph.  Traffic and dogs cooperating, 3 miles takes us just under 45 minutes.  Is that too fast of a pace for the walking portions of C25K?  Should I slow down the walking portion to conserve energy for jogging?  Or just take it in stride and see how it goes at that pace?  Thanks!

Sytera

• Marykb Legend 1,347 posts since
    Jan 16, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 20, 2010 4:49 PM (in response to Sytera)
    Re: C25K walking pace?

There is no exact pace that would be right for everyone doing C25K (or any other program) but 15 minute miles like you are doing now is a good brisk pace for most people.  If you are used to doing 2-3 miles at the pace every day there is no reason to slow down to "conserve" energy for the running intervals.    For someone literally starting right off the couch that might be a little fast for the walking intervals but you are probably in pretty good shape already from walking briskly every day while pushing a stroller.  Just do what feels right and you are probably doing the right thing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...