Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

747 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 20, 2010 7:11 PM by runningman400 RSS
fanyank4 Rookie 1 posts since
Dec 9, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 20, 2010 5:17 PM

Need advise for my new pair of sneakers...

I recently switched from the Mizuno Wave Inspire 5 which is a stability to the a neutral sneaker the Asics GEL-Cumulus 12. I was fitted in a running store and the Asics was suggested even though i do have a slight pronation. They new sneakers felt great, I loved the cushion. I have been running a few weeks in them and I am finding the I have been having a lot of pain on the inner side of my legs. I think this can be from my foot rolling inward while running, from the lack of proper support i need by the arch (I think). I find when i tie the sneakers tight it helps to keep my foot from rolling in as much, but the laces usually loosens during my run. Any suggestions besides getting new sneakers? would placing insoles by the arch be helpful?

• runningman400 Legend 191 posts since
    Aug 26, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 20, 2010 7:11 PM (in response to fanyank4)
    Re: Need advise for my new pair of sneakers...

I actually just went through a very similar thing within the past year.  I enjoyed the switching to a shoe that had a bit more cushion, but I too began to get the same pains.  I think you hit it right on the head as to why your feeling pain.  Unfortunately I ended up having to switch shoes all together. 

Good luck and I hope you find what works for you.

"WITHOUT STRUGGLE, THERE WOULD BE NO PROGRESS" - Frederick  Douglass

"TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST, TOUGH PEOPLE DO!"

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points