Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2177 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2010 10:38 AM by lenzlaw RSS
Danika23415 Rookie 2 posts since
Jul 9, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 12, 2010 8:28 AM

Questions about 1:09 Time Goal 10K Training Program - Jeff Galloway

Hello Runners -

I have recently downloaded the program identified in my title and I'm a little confused. This will be my second 10K, and the program is listed as beginner. Based on my first 10K time, the time goal of this program is reasonable for me.

What I don't understand is the length of some of these workouts. Near the end of the training, there is a 16 MILE run. I'm sorry, but if I could be running 25 km, I likely would be downloading a beginner training program for a 70 minute 10K. I'm just wondering, am I missing something or does anybody else have this concern.

Also, in my calendar, on my inputted race day, it indicated that my workout is cross-training. They have also scheduled a run for the day before. This isn't what I'm used to. Is this a mistake or just a different way of training.

I'm a little confused so if anyone else out there has purchased this program can give me some feedback or others that know how this training should work, please let me know.

Thanks!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points