Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2583 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2010 9:49 AM by QueenKitty
QueenKitty Pro 161 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 15, 2010 10:09 AM

Who has repeated a week, how many times and why?

I just finished my W4D6.  I kept having trouble getting all the way through the second 5 minute run.  I have only completed the whole W4D5 without extra walking.  This morning I started walking about 30 seconds before the end.  I was looking for other people's experience.  Should I start W5?  Or do W4 over one more time?

Thanks for any advice......

• onthemovemom Amateur 7 posts since
    Jul 10, 2010
    1. Jul 16, 2010 1:37 PM (in response to QueenKitty)
    Re: Who has repeated a week, how many times and why?

Hi there,

I thought I might repeat week three, but I'd give w4 d1 a shot at it and see how i did.  Each time I start a new week, I'm a little nervous.  I think I won't be able to complete the workout, so far I have .  I finished w4d2 today.  Since I'm fairly new to this c25k also, I got confused with your post saying you just finished w4d6.  I thought there were only 3 workouts for each week?  I've read other posts by people and they all say it's ok to repeat weeks if need be.  Someone even mentioned if it takes 15 weeks, it's ok as long as you keep progressing.

• onthemovemom Amateur 7 posts since
    Jul 10, 2010
    3. Jul 16, 2010 2:24 PM (in response to QueenKitty)

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  Now I'll know what others are meaning if I see anything like that again. 

• knockoutmouse Amateur 9 posts since
    May 21, 2010
    4. Jul 17, 2010 1:03 PM (in response to QueenKitty)
    So far, I have not repeated a week.  I've  given myself the option though.  I was really scared of the 20 minute  run at the end of week 5 and thought for sure I would have to repeat  that week, but I pushed through the 20 minutes, which made the 25 minute  run in  week 6 not look so bad.  I just completed week 7 and look  forward to the challenge of week 8.

The great thing about this program  is that you can do whatever you need to do to get through it.  Just  go at your own pace and don't give up!

C25K Graduate July 31, 2010

Goal weight 125ish

Started walking regularly October 24, 2009 - Weight 260

Started spin classes May 11, 2010 - Weight 247

Completed C25K July 31, 2010 - Weight 237

• coolbikermom Legend 418 posts since
    Jan 25, 2010
    5. Jul 17, 2010 7:56 PM (in response to QueenKitty)

I say push on to week 5 and see how you feel. You can always repeat 5 if you need to, but you should be ready. Having to walk the last 30 seconds is trivial, and could be just how you were feeling today, not that you're not capable of completing it.

C25k dropout

Rock the Parkway 5k 3/27/10  37:40.6

Mother's Day 5k  5/9/10  33:19

Walk/Run for Isaiah 9/18/10 4.4k 37:26

Harvest Moon 10k 10/23/10  1:08.50

Great Santa 5k 12/5/10 33:22

Carlsbad half marathon 1/23/11

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." ~Albert Einstein

• saratogaslim Rookie 4 posts since
    May 3, 2010
    7. Jul 18, 2010 8:42 PM (in response to QueenKitty)

I definitely repeated Week 2 and  Week 3.  I battle some injuries and joint problems from previous sports injuries, and was overly cautious if I felt so much as a twinge beyond normal soreness...and I think it paid off!  I wanted to be able to get back to running long term, and I have other sports I can't jeopardize...so far so good and I'm VERY glad I was careful and took it at my own pace.  I think as long as you are doing things at the best pace for YOU, it will work out.  It did for me, I ran my first 5k this past Friday.

I also really hit a road block in Week 4 and got down on myself, though I didn't repeat that week...it may have been a good idea though, because I went into Week 5 discouraged.

Good luck, do what works best for you and it will all come out right.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points