Skip navigation

5303 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2010 2:07 PM by Kentucky'sNextsf55 1 2 Previous Next
PHXSuns1 Legend 361 posts since
Apr 25, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 16, 2010 3:28 PM

Who is going to turn out to be a better Rookie, Evan Turner or John Wall?

Who do you think is better, Which one of them will make the team better Overall. No 2. Pick Evan Turner for Philly or John Wall No. 1 for Washigton.

• adanny14 Legend 590 posts since
    May 20, 2010

I think Evan Turner will end up becoming a better player. He will fit in perfectly with the 76'ers system, and I will enjoy watching him throughout this NBA season.

• Pointguard1995 Legend 304 posts since
    Apr 24, 2010

I would have to say john wall,i had some doubts about him at first,but after watching his summer league games,he has convinced me that he can be the face of the wizards,even though summer league games dont really matter.

• ToughD Legend 502 posts since
    May 11, 2010

I say Evan Turner because he's a better all-around player.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

- Kevin Durant

• MVPx2 Pro 98 posts since
    May 9, 2010

Evan Turner is the more complete player and will grow more in the NBA.  He is the better all around player now and will be in the future.

• Busdriverkid Legend 362 posts since
    Apr 16, 2010

Evan Turner because he just does everything.

• ericbenjaming Legend 456 posts since
    Jan 5, 2009

I will go with John Wall, check out his stats recently, and he will be a core player in the team.

• crandle42 Rookie 6 posts since
    Feb 6, 2010

John wall evan turner is good but i jus think the 76ers aren't built right now to fight evan turners style of play rite now. he doesnt have another guy who can commit a double team every night like wall does(other guy= gilbert arenas). But n tha long run probably evan turner. Wall's play is effective but wreckless at times.

• odysseyball Amateur 12 posts since
    Jul 16, 2010
  • BBalllover53 Legend 335 posts since
    Mar 30, 2010
  • Dwjuan24 Amateur 15 posts since
    May 20, 2010

Wall is definantly the biggest bust of the draft the answer is Evan Turner because of his collegiate experience and his versatility at 4 of the 5 positions

• Phenom70 Legend 574 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010

John Wall.

For the fact that, he's a unique type of PG.

He's blessed with unbeliavable, and unteachable speed.

Already one of the fastest guards in the league at this point while playing a game.

Plus, he's a bit younger than Turner, with more upside.

If he gets stronger, and works on his jump shot, then he'll be a threat, and a lethal scoring option on any team. I think he'll put up about 15 points, 4 boards, and 7 assists, rookie season, at about 2 turnovers a game. The Wizards obviously are hoping to build around him, because if they weren't, they wouldn't have selected him. And PG's are known to love Flip Saunders style of play. He's worked with Billups, so I'm sure he could make Wall a great player.

Evan Turner is versatile, but this is the NBA. He's not as fast as Wall, and there are more athletic players in the NBA. If they go against the Hawks, he'll match with Josh Smith because of size. But Josh is stronger, more athletic, and I think quicker. Turner is well-rounded, so you'd expect him to be better, but he doesn't have that much upside as people like to think. Think about it. When you leave college as a junior or senior, either you know you've reached your peak at the college level, or you know your stock may stay or drop in the last season.

Evan Turner won't be the man either. Andre Iguodala is still the leader, and they have developing Lou Williams, and Thaddeus Young. Plus, Allen Iverson, if he does come back from his family issues.

The 76ers are still in rebuilding mode. Don't expect them to make the playoffs, but don't expect them to be about 40 games away from making the playoffs like the Nets.

• Fox97 Pro 94 posts since
    Jul 22, 2010

Evan Turner. He has good size and strength for a guard spot. He is good at all aspects of the game and is more versital than Wall. Turner can contribute every night and fill up the stat sheet while Wall will get his points but where is the assists, boards and defense?

Jul 27, 2010

Evan Turner, yes, is more NBA ready with two more years of college ball than John Wall. But, I still think John Wall has more talent, that has yet to be tapped. I believe Turner is half-way there, and Wall is not even close to his peak.

And, yes, he's more versatile, but look at his size. He should be able to play multiple positions, I'm I right?

John Wall will score, he will get his assists as the point guard, and Flip Saunders should be able to help him grow. And playing with Gilbert Arenas may make his development faster, and they will be a tremoundous backcourt duo.

Plus, we know Wall has the tools to be a great defender at his position. I think he can be as good, if not as better than Rondo is at the moment defensively. John is explosive, he has long arms, and once he tips the ball out of the passing lane to halfcourt, no defender will catch him. He's too fast to keep up with, and in the open court, he's a smart player. He thrives in situations on fast breaks. But, not too much in halfcourt sets. Give him some time over the course of the year, and I think he'll be accustomed to the playing styles of the league. Then, the rest of the season, be prepared to see a glimpse of John's future potential for next season.

Evan Turner isn't the man, and won't be the man until they get rid of Andre Iguodala. Right now, he's second fiddle at best on the roster. John Wall is the man, whether Gilbert returns or not. We know this. He'll be the starting PG.

Plus, we see flashes of his potential in the summer league. His speed was his downfall, as he would burn his man, but make a bad pass. He needs to slow down and let the game come to him, and he did that over the last few games. If I'm not mistaken, he only racked up 5 turnovers through the last two games.

He put up his points, he showed his blazing speed, and he can become a better rebounder as well.

I think he'll be a Chris Paul type of rebounder, possibly Jason Kidd if he muscles up, but I'm sure John would rather his big men grab the rock, and outlet the ball to him so he could run the break, and throw down a highlight reel dunk, or a lob to whoever is smart enough to run the wing with him.

John Wall is a unique breed of a point guard that we rarely see every year. Two years ago it was Derrick Rose, last year Tyreke Evans, and this year John Wall. Calipari brings the best out of PG's, but I believe if Wall was with the Bobcats, under Larry Brown, a PG-minded coach, or the Bucks, but they have Brandon Jennings, we'd see sudden success from him. But, give him time. I think he's only 19, and still needs time in the league.

If anything, he needs to let the game come to him. Increase his strength, and work on his erratic jump shot. Once he becomes reliable enough to make the defense respect his shot, he'll get more oppurtunities when it comes to getting assists for his teammates because defenders will be on there feet, and he's already quicker than most in the league.

Only time will tell though, because no one can be sure. Evan Turner has the tools, however, to be a success for now. I don't think he'll be an all-star, but he'll put up numbers with a different team, or when the 76ers get rid of Andre for a better big man, or wing scorer(s). John Wall has a young cast, and with a few pieces, he can make the Wizards a playoff team, guaranteed. And he has the tools to be a big time scorer and defender, if he wishes to be.

Jul 27, 2010

And, please, we can't assume too much. We can though base our opinions off of there Summer League play, which he and Cousins out played Turner.

There's a reason why John Wall was the #1 Pick, and we found out why.

Just look at what Evan did in Summer League. He didn't find rhythm. He tried to overdo it. And, he made no adjustments. I think he shot like 30% in all of the games, and had lots of fouls and turnovers.

John Wall had turnovers, but he showed that he could find his shot, and knock it down when he gets hot. Plus, he already had chemistry with Javale McGee. If I recall correctly, after practice, they would practice throwing lobs to each other, because he knows if he throws it up, his 7'0 athletic center will get the ball and throw it down.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...