Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2718 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2010 10:12 AM by Billiken on the Run
Billiken on the Run Pro 135 posts since
Nov 28, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 30, 2010 11:20 AM

Branson 70.3

Anyone out there doing Branson in September?  If so, how's the training going?

Also, here are run and bike course preview videos - http://www.sbrstl.com/ironman-branson-course-info-and-video.aspx

Joe

• Trackqueenie Rookie 6 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Aug 4, 2010 1:40 PM (in response to Billiken on the Run)
    Re: Branson 70.3

I am training for this race.  This will be more first tri longer than a sprint and I am very nervous!  I think that my training has been going well, and my goal is only to finish around 7 so I think I can do it.  I am nervous about the bike.  I live in Florida and picked this race so my in-laws could watch, but didn't think about the Ozarks!  Finding hills to climb has been a challenge, but I found a route near my house that at least has a few big ones.  How is your training going?  Do you live near the race?

• joedombrowski Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2008
    3. Aug 5, 2010 5:11 PM (in response to Billiken on the Run)

This is my first 70.3 as well.  Training is going well, but I am limited in hill terrain when it comes to the bike.  I am from the Cleveland, OH area.  I am doing a sprint this weekend just to work the bugs out.  I am taking the family to Branson with me (family vacation).  Hope there is enough to do there; it is a 12 hour drive for us so we figured we would turn it in to a vacation.

• mikesellars Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 24, 2008
    4. Aug 11, 2010 2:43 PM (in response to Billiken on the Run)

It will be my first long distance race past the Olympic distance.  I have done two Olympics and about 6 sprints.  Training has been regulated to indoors mostly since the heat index has gotten so bad her in Arkansas.  I got mild heat exhaustion while riding in Oklahoma for a 50 mile training ride.  Swimming is going good, and running my weakest discipline is actually coming around.

Not to nervous as I have done some sort of tri every month since May, but can't wait to get this one on the books and take some time off.  Great job on the videos, was in Branson for a long weekend and actually rode from the host hotel (whoever is statying there it is really nice) up 265 meet up with 76 and onto 465 for one loop back to the host hotel and across the dam.  It was a nice ride with rollers and long climbs.  I also noticed that they change the bike course a while back.

Hope that everybody has a great race.

Mike

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...