Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

50239 Views 258 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2010 5:59 PM by Moonslug Go to original post 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 Previous Next
  • chi2run Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 26, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    165. Sep 27, 2010 1:53 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: The Women's Half Marathon - Nashville, TN Reviews

I love having a race for women with feminine shirts and bags for a change; and the medal is super cool. Personally, I enjoyed the challenge of the hills. I saw some women struggling with the bridge at the end.  The weather was perfect, a great day for a race. As for the goody bag, there will be more sponsors as the race grows. I think it was a wonderful beginning for this Women's Half and it will be around for years to come. Thanks to all who worked hard to make this a great event to remember.

I have one complaint and I don't know if the race planners can do anything about it. It concerns the parking scammers. As I pulled into the parking lot there were people collecting $15 to park. I didn't have cash so they said I could use the machine, which ended up being only $7.

Cindy Kubica

Stress Expert & Energy Coach

• Tammy Burch Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 17, 2008
    166. Sep 27, 2010 12:24 PM (in response to Guest )

I thought the race was perfect.  This was only my second half marathon; however it seemed very organized, the weather was PERFECT, and everyone very friendly.  The last hill was a challenge though!  Also a BIG Thank You to all of the volunteers that made the event happen.

• TKHlove2run Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 7, 2010
    167. Sep 27, 2010 12:54 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my 1st 1/2 marathon and I had a lot of fun, however, I found the course much more challenging than expected by reviewing the course map.  The bridge at the end was brutal...I walked most of the way up, which was not how I wanted to finish the run. 

Overall, I had a wonderful time.  I thought the expo had a nice variety of vendors and merchandise selection was good.  All the volunteers were super friendly.

The goodie bag was just a bag...the shirt is nice, though.

I was disappointed with the fact that there wasn't any food available for purchase the morning of the event except at Starbucks. Thankfully there was a very friendly bakery manager at Panera on the block down from the hotel whom we were able to convince to open early just so we could purchase a bagel for breakfast.

I really enjoyed the crowds who came out to cheer us on and the bands as well. 

• Ms.FAA Rookie 1 posts since
    May 30, 2010
    168. Sep 27, 2010 1:03 PM (in response to Guest )

The halfmarathorn was an adventure, it was my first time and I did pretty good not to have trained at all.  I feel that everyone man or woman should try to do at least one 5k or the halfmarathorn it would be a great challene. You will also enjoy meeting great new people and talking to different peolpe, it is so hard to express how u feel when you finish the race, you just fill awesome.Thank You for a great day Ms.F.A.A.

• mzmobo Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 27, 2010
    169. Sep 27, 2010 1:05 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first half-marathon...I LOVED IT!!!!  You guys did a wonderful job, everything was perfect and you definitely created and addict in me.  Thank you so much!

• jgheletca Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 25, 2010
    170. Sep 27, 2010 1:43 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first half marathon, and I had a wonderful time running!  Everything was marked well--they had water and gatorade at just the ride times; they even had oranges, bananas and gu right around the half-way point!  The live music throughout the course was a bonus that I wasn't expecting.

It is a good idea to train on hills if you haven't yet because the course got a little tough at times (especially that last mile)! Also, I am hoping they make the corrals at the start line a little bit bigger next time.  We were jam packed like sardines!

I definitely plan to run this again and would recommend it to every woman out there!

• Breaking Free 2010 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 30, 2010
    171. Sep 27, 2010 3:36 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first 5K. What an awesome experience!

• Julie Con Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 20, 2010
    172. Sep 27, 2010 3:56 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first half-marathon. Very well organized and appreciated all of the volenteers.

• Ms. Jla Rookie 1 posts since
    May 29, 2010
    173. Sep 27, 2010 4:04 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first half marathon! I have been pumped up for a while about it and as the event became closer to time, my excitement could not be tamed!  I will say that I had a wonderful time at the EXPO! The vendors were nice and the products were very creative and lovely! I enjoyed the freebies and the goodie bag.  On Race day, the weather was awesome! The course was great and the Hills Hills Hills were a little challenge!  Furthermore, I enjoyed all the pit stops for water and gatorade and snacks and the music was fun and made me smile at times! The community support was great!  I enjoyed the festivities once I completed the race and receiving the beautiful medallion and charm that I am currently wearing proudly! I can't wait to participate in the race for 2011!  Great Job Organizers

• Colleen Carboni Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 31, 2009
    174. Sep 27, 2010 4:23 PM (in response to Guest )

This was a great event that I did with my daughter.  The water stations were placed well, the bands were a nice touch and of course the weather was perfect.  I train in hilly Chattanooga so I didn't even give any thought to the hills-except for that last one!

Suggestions- we were coming from out of town and couldn't make it to the bag pick up on time.  We had to send someone to pick up our bags.  If the hours were extended we could have made it.

Also, there was NO COFFEE.  I was expecting some for give away but would have gladly have paid for it but there was none to be had.  Panera Bread kindly let us in to buy coffee before they were open. 

Overall, my daughter and I  had a fun time.  It was her first race, and she was encouraged to continue her running.  Thanks!  That means a lot

• karen.petitt Rookie 3 posts since
    Jan 5, 2010
    175. Sep 27, 2010 4:24 PM (in response to Guest )

I loved everything about this race. I heard it was a beast w/the hills, but I liked the course and didn't think it was that bad...as other folks have said in their postings...it actually made it good for all the downhills...and picking up speed. I loved ALL the girly stuff/additions and thought it was just the right amount. Not sure why everyone expects soooo much from these races...it's an incredible amount of work and there are a lot of thoughtful touches. My favorite is the medal w/the charm...i'm wearing the charm now!!! ANd really, who else has flowers and covered tables at the end of a race? super cute....as for free massages...whatever! give the poor guy/gal a buck or two for touching your gross sweaty body. If you want it for free that bad, take it up w/Obama.  I applaud anyone who comes out to cheer for us...they were very creative like the guy w/the "Women are my favorite people" sign or the two guys with their "Single Doctor" sign. What a hoot. I'm just super happy with my accomplishments and your team who put on the race should be too.  Thanks Nashville and Womens Running Magazine! Oh and whoever sang that national anthem was fabulous.  My only suggestion is more or bigger trash cans so we can dispose of our trash better...i felt bad that it was so trashy at the end, but many cans were overflowing. ANyways, great job!!!

• Kinda Helms Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 8, 2010

This is the link to the story on her  http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=13226085.

What an inspiring lady.  I think the biggest testimony to her is that she raised such a strong daughter.  Just the way her daughter talks about her with such love and peace is awe inspiring. 

• epegg Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 4, 2009
    177. Sep 27, 2010 5:01 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my 15th half. The hills were a challenge, but I was prepared for them. I thought it was pretty well organized for a first race. I love the medal. The charm is a unique idea. I don't care for the race shirt. The deep v-neck is a bit much and it doesn't lie flat. I loved the post race area, but was a little disappointed by the food tent.  I didn't care for the warm water and warm gatorade on the course and at the finish. I also thought it would have been nice to have had discounted parking or free parking for the event. I thought $15.00 to park was a bit much.

• VPWilkinson Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 27, 2010
    178. Sep 27, 2010 5:05 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first 1/2 marathon. I loved everything about it . . .well except for all of the hills.  The last one was the "killer".  I just kept saying to myself, "This was mean." The weather was perfect. The expo was great and the vendors were so personable. Thanks to everyone that was there to cheer all of us on!  It was evident that there had been a lot of work put forth for this event. I look forward to next year's race.

• christyblee Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 27, 2010
    179. Sep 27, 2010 6:32 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my second 1/2 marathon.  It was GREAT!!  The host hotel was great!  I do think the Expo should go until 9pm on Friday night.  Very hard to get there on time when coming from out of town.  The course was well marked and easy to follow.  However, it was a very challenging course.  I live in an area with a lot of hills so I was at an advantage.  But, it was still quite hard.  I love the medal and shirt!  Why don't races recycle??????  It felt terrible to just throw out all of those water bottles.  Very well organized.  Thanks for a great 1/2!!

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...