Skip navigation

1019 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2010 5:46 PM by UR2EZ RSS
jorjortownsel Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 10, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 10, 2010 5:07 PM

What Position Should I Play?

Ummm, Im A 14 Yr. Old, 6'2 / 6'3 Male, about 130 / 140 lbs. And I Hit A Growth Spurt when i was about 13. I used to be short and a little chubby, not fat though, so I used to play SG/SF, but when I hit the growth spurt, I became skinny and Tall, so I was wondering which position should I play? Because I Can't Dribble As Well anymore, but I can shoot better because thats all i was working on last year, but I just can dribble as well anymore, But I My Post Skill's Aren't Good. So Any Answer Will Help, Thank You.

• UR2EZ Pro 88 posts since
    Mar 5, 2010
    1. Aug 10, 2010 5:46 PM (in response to jorjortownsel)
    Re: What Position Should I Play?

I believe you should play sf position but anyways develop post skills which are essential to seperate a sg from a sf. As a sf, you along with sg are usually the main scorers so develop scoring skills. Btw just so you can remember this jsut because your the main scorer don't be a ballhog its a team sport.

• Phenom70 Legend 574 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    2. Aug 10, 2010 6:13 PM (in response to UR2EZ)
    Re: What Position Should I Play?

Play what you're comfortable in for awhile. Then, make an adjustment to a different position, so you can better yourself. If you play SG, switch in scrimmages at practices, or real games to a PF or C. Learn how to play against bigger, stronger players. You'll get use to it over time, so when you do go back to your original position, you'll have an upper-hand skillwise, because you'll have the post ability on smaller and weaker guys, which makes you a better scorer, gives you more playing time, and a more valuable asset as a teammate and player, because you can set up your other teammates, and help make them better.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points