Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

3644 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2010 4:43 PM by hockeydad_2
hockeydad_2 Rookie 2 posts since
Jan 5, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 5, 2010 4:43 PM

"Bauer Bump" on my son's heels

My son (age 10) has developed a bump on each of his heels.  The guy at the pro-shop referred to these growths as "the Bauer bump," because they are apparently caused by wearing Bauer skates. Has anyone else seen this problem, or heard of it before? 

• marti611 Amateur 32 posts since
    Jun 6, 2004
    1. Aug 5, 2010 6:12 PM (in response to hockeydad_2)
    Re: "Bauer Bump" on my son's heels

My son is now 14, but a few years ago he had planters faciitus. (sorry for spelling).  The minute he took his shoe off, the orthopedic dr said "Oh you play ice hockey" due to the bumps and formation of his feet.  I am sure your son is fine, as is mine.  It is just from being in the boot of a skate.  Best of luck.

• juniorparent Amateur 25 posts since
    Sep 16, 2009
    2. Aug 5, 2010 6:55 PM (in response to marti611)

It has absolutely nothing to do with wearing Bauer skates. Kids will get it from wearing skates a little big, it rubs because foot is moving and causes those little bumps. I have no idea why he would say Bauer cause it as that is ludicrous

• sjhockey19 Expert 54 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    3. Aug 5, 2010 7:00 PM (in response to specialtek)

My son had then too. They never bothered him, just grossed out his sister and mother

• passthepuck1 Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 9, 2008
    4. Aug 5, 2010 7:33 PM (in response to juniorparent)

My son is 16 and also has those bumps. A lot of ice hockey players have them.

• Hicks with sticks Amateur 17 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    5. Aug 6, 2010 3:37 AM (in response to passthepuck1)

Ditto: My son is 15 has ones that look like unicorns. He also blistered on the sides.

His Dr ( Podiatrist)looked and said  "wow you must play ice hockey" he made these foam u shaped pads for the back of his skates.( They worked good) He said to my son your skates are a little big ? My son said they feel fine.( yea right)

We had to get new skates so we waited until we were at the pond for a tourney and the guy in the pro shop measured him and the Dr was right. My son wanted to try on a size 8.5 the guy at the pond said your foot is a 7. He said must players dont tap the heel down when the try skates on.....

Cant remember his name at the pond but he was very helpful.

• specialtek Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 8, 2004
    6. Aug 6, 2010 5:01 AM (in response to Hicks with sticks)

My son too has had the bumps.  We have goon to the foot doctor, he suggested we get the boot punched out in the heel.  the pro shop can do that, it releaves alot of pressure on the bump for my son.  He also suggested we keep it soft, medicated blister pads when he is not skating will soften up the calxes if they form.  My son has worn different skates.  He is 14 and has had them since he was 6 when he started skating with no sock.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...