Skip navigation

2524 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2010 7:47 PM by Becky8846
Marathon Peach Legend 391 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 17, 2010 3:55 AM

8/17 Tuesday

I ran at 6:30am, I kind of like running before the sun comes up, it fun...now I see why the rest of you do it! I ran once around the block and this time only had to stop once...

Terri - 20 Year Liver Transplant Survivor

2007 Marine Corps Marathon Finisher

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    1. Aug 17, 2010 5:10 AM (in response to Marathon Peach)
    Re: 8/17 Tuesday

I ran a easy 4.5 this morning, 1st 2 miles were just bad legs tight from last nights hills, last 2.5 felt good.

• DaveVause Community Moderator 1,447 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Aug 17, 2010 5:14 AM (in response to Marathon Peach)

Terri, morning's the best way to make sure it gets done!

Denise and I were out at 5:20 this AM, she with a head lamp, me with a red flasher on my belt behind me. We get some funny looks from car drivers in our neighborhood.

10.1 easy miles here....finishing with sunglasses rather than the flasher....

• MarathonDream Pro 288 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Aug 17, 2010 5:26 AM (in response to Marathon Peach)

5 last night followed by 4 this morning.

Kids have school orientation meetings tonight so had to run this morning. It was actually a cool morning @ 61 degrees and no humidity.

Felt nice to run when it isn't sweltering

Training For: 50k Ultra Marathon (2nd)

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    4. Aug 17, 2010 7:44 AM (in response to MarathonDream)

Just finished my 6 miles with a 2 mile hill routine, going up to a 12 percent incline for 2 minutes.  Hate hills, but I had a good run and plowed thru those hills, having a very warm and fuzzy conversation in my head with Len.

• MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    5. Aug 17, 2010 10:07 AM (in response to dutch omi)

Good runs, folks!

I ran a little under 4 today at lunch on the Billy Goat Trail, section C.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,430 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    6. Aug 17, 2010 11:02 AM (in response to MCM Ron)

5 miles run, with 6 hill repeats.  Have to keep up with Charlotte.

Len

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    7. Aug 17, 2010 11:43 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

You're not keeping up with me, you set the example for me!!!!  I'm so very glad I'm done those darn things. I really have to kick my own a$$ to do them.

• Becky8846 Legend 686 posts since
    Apr 1, 2009
    8. Aug 17, 2010 12:09 PM (in response to Marathon Peach)

Good work, everyone!  I got my 5 in today followed by some heavy gardening and a few other chores.  My bag is packed for a trip where I'll lay over in Salt Lake City tomorrow.  I've run there before - it's flat with plentiful sidewalks downtown but with a little elevation.  Should be fun for something different.  I just came in from my local post office where one of the workers there sees me often in running attire and has asked about it.  He is in training for the Peachtree Road Race 10K for next July and as I walked in interrupted himself with his current customer and said loudly, "I see myself running up Cardiac Hill!"  This made me happy.  Another convert. 

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    9. Aug 17, 2010 1:05 PM (in response to Marathon Peach)

6 miles today with a negative split on the return 3 miles.

I was kinda ticked off about not running yesterday but I made the mileage up today.

Good runs out there today.

• Becky8846 Legend 686 posts since
    Apr 1, 2009
    12. Aug 19, 2010 7:47 PM (in response to Marathon Peach)

Hi Peach - Even non-runners in Atlanta have an idea what Cardiac Hill is.  Sorry - I forgot I was talking to more worldly audience.  The Peachtree Road Race is so fun - you have to do it!  The first almost 2 to 3 miles are down hill - super easy.  The next mile is Cardiac Hill and it's not really that awful.  It psychs folks out, but if you work on hills now and then, it's a cinch.  It ends up by the hospital, so it has a legend and folk lore-ish reputation for being awful, but it's not.  Then the final miles are pretty flat.  Fun race - a must do for 10K-ers!  I personally didn't think the hills were bad at MCM - I was too excited to be running a marathon to notice!  It's real hilly in my neighborhood, so my training includes them every day.  Now the Georgia Marathon - another story entirely.  Just about 6 or 7 miles north of my house.  What a difference!  I still twitch at the thought of the hills that puppy had!  Never flat - no not one inch of it.  Hoo boy.  Hills.  Yeah.  Georgia Marathon = Hills!  That's my limited experience so far!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...