Skip navigation

98039 Views 77 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2011 9:41 AM by Gary63 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next
  • ryanjoven Rookie 3 posts since
    Dec 20, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    75. Mar 13, 2011 5:46 PM (in response to saraallent)
    Re: Average Softball Pitching Speed

high school 70-80mph

college 80- 100mph

• Love the game Amateur 21 posts since
    Jan 13, 2008
    76. Mar 14, 2011 7:49 AM (in response to Gary63)

I called you out ???  You joined this community for the sole purpose of posting inflammatory comments in response to my posts:

"I have a 6 year old who is just finishing up 1st grade who throws  97mph.  She has a curve ball that breaks 18 inches and a riseball that  is better than Monica Abbott's.   She has already received five Division  One Scholarship offers and is the first six year old to be recruited  for the olympics.  Oh ya, the olympics dumped softball, scratch that.   You parents who think your little 12 year olds are throwing mid 60's  just crack me up.    lol"

You've written nothing but sarcastic insults:

"you are full of crap by any stretch of the meaning" and "Go back to your  little fantasy land and let the truthful posters answer the legitamate  questions of parents and coach on here"

When I back up what I've said, you start name calling:

"I will post only to tell you that you are really "thick"

And now you're telling me to "stick to the thread" ???  You haven't posted ANYTHING in this thread about softball or pitching.

• Gary63 Rookie 5 posts since
    Aug 16, 2008
    77. Mar 14, 2011 9:41 AM (in response to Love the game)

I haven't posted anything about softball?  I've posted that for all the parents who read this thread and have seen posters like yourself who say thier 12 year olds can pitch mid 60s, don't believe it.  I would say that is a pretty important softball fact that I have added here.  If people actually just read your post and actually believed it, they would be totally disappointed in thier own daughters speeds and wonder why they can't pitch that fast.  Well the fact is that maybe there is one 12 year old out there who may hit mid 60's, I've never seen proof of it,  but 99.9999999% of 12 year olds can not even come close to that.

A person came here and asked a legitamate question becuase she was interested in how fast can a person pitch a softball at different ages and some people gave some very real and honest answers.  And then there were people like you that quickly jumped on with your fantasys, blowing up your numbers and bragging that you have kids that are faster at 12  than Olympic pitchers are today.   Tell me what good that adds to this thread.

I call you out and say that there is no way your daughter is pitching 65 miles an hour at 12 years old and you reply by posting a video of her when she was 12 years old hitting a homerun off a girl that looked like she was pitching about 40mph.

I don't know how many times I said, congratulations to your daughter for her hitting ability and congratulations that she made it to a division one school.  I said you should be proud of that, but that doesn't seem to be enough for you.  You can't stop with accepting that, you have to post videos of her that have nothing what-so-ever to do with the question that this thread was about.

You write something as inflamatory as "My daughter is going to Stanford, a fantasy for most parents, but not for me"  What kind of person would even write something like that regardless if it is true or not.  What you are saying is that your daughter is better than all of your daughters and it is just a fantasy if you think our daughters will do as good as yours.  That is flat out pathetic.

I'll be totally honest.  My daughter is a very young 12 years old.  She throws 51, 52 game speed, a little faster in practice.  She has a great change up and a decent drop ball.  She is working on a curve, but is throwing it all over the place right now.   She has dreams of going to a division one and playing for coach Champer at the University of Gerogia.  Will she, who knows, her chances are slim to none, but she is working her butt off and in the process shutting down a lot of other teams at her level.  But that doesn't make my daughter any better or any worse than any of the other parents on here.  I'm sure the parents of 12 year old pitchers out there just playing rec ball are just as proud of thier daughters as the top travel ball girls parents are.  And they should be!!

For you to make a statement that your daughter's dreams came true and the rest of us and our daughters dreams will not, well again I can't think of any other word than pathetic to use.

So this will be my last post, I could care less how you respond.

My original post was to parents and the person who first posted this thread.   The average speeds of 12 year old softball pitchers are probably around low 40's to mid 50s for the top pitchers.   Be very leery of people who post on these threads saying thier daughters can pitch as fast as most college players at that age and also be leery of ones who say they have 6 or 7 different pitches at that age.  Becuase even if they do, most likely, 4 or 5 of them go straight down the middle and are identical to thier fastball.

Take this post or leave it, but at least it's honest.

Regards

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...