Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1821 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2010 10:17 PM by PowerRuff RSS
PowerRuff Amateur 35 posts since
Jul 31, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 17, 2010 12:23 PM

Tricks to keeping a steady pace?

So during my regular runs it didnt seem that I had a pacing issue...then I ran a 5k and then a 10k . During the two races I found myself with no other runners close by and truelly struggled to keep a good pace; varying from too fast to sustain to too slow, and actually ended up running at a worse time then what I had done on a practice run. This led to the discovery that I think that I have been somewhat using my dog , my favorate running partner as a pace keeper. Unfortunatelly many races do not allow dogs, but I do not want to stop training with him either..any suggestions of what I can do during training to prepare myself to hold a pace when Im on my own?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

"SEA LEVEL IS FOR SISSIESBolderBoulder

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points