Skip navigation

681 Views 28 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2009 1:33 AM by Danbam RSS 1 2 Previous Next
GAPeach2 Amateur 10 posts since
Dec 12, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 7, 2009 8:05 AM

New Bat

Looking for a new bat in -5 L-W ratio.  Considering Triton and H2.  Any recommendations?  Thanks.

• tumblebug Pro 74 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    1. Oct 7, 2009 11:05 AM (in response to GAPeach2)
    Re: New Bat

Take a look at the Anderson NanoTek XT. 

It is, bar none, the best -5 on the planet.  The proof is at the plate, participating dealers offer a 30 day, no questions asked, return policy that takes the risk out of trying a new bat. 

• kal_ Legend 583 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    2. Oct 12, 2009 8:37 AM (in response to tumblebug)

TB - can't find one store in the area (west burbs chicago)... even though i've been to your company's website and checked out the stores (they don't carry them).  i'd like my son to pick one up (a -3 not a -5) before even considering shelling out that much!  he likes the feel of a balanced bat as opposed to end-loaded - and i am guessing the nanotek feels end-loaded (???).  what store carries them around here so we can go visit?

May 25, 2007
    3. Oct 15, 2009 10:54 PM (in response to kal_)

The NT is a very new product.  I can put one in your hands secured with a credit card.  if you don't send it back you get charged the full price for it.  If you are interested e-mail me at steven@andersonbat.com

May 30, 2007
    4. Oct 16, 2009 8:28 AM (in response to tumblebug)

roger-wilco

May 25, 2007
    5. Oct 16, 2009 1:51 PM (in response to kal_)

Kal_, where you at on the west side?  My wife went to Wheaton College and lived in Carol Stream until I converted her to a Southern-Californian.  I came from north of Chicago, Lake Forest and still have relatives in Mundelein, Palatine, and Arlington Heights.

At any rate, apparently we can send a NXT to a local dealer for you to look at, I'll let you know which one.

May 30, 2007
    6. Oct 16, 2009 2:09 PM (in response to tumblebug)

live in Aurora... work in Naperville... know those areas you mentioned through travel baseball!  now getting to know the HS teams including Wheaton Academy since he attends ACS where Beebe coaches - the school is more known for football and basketball... but last year their varsity baseball team went to super-sectionals for the first time.  this will be my son's first year in HS ball (9th grader).

closest store is in st charles... just north of me... BBK Sports

how did you get your wife to move from this beautiful climate to hot dry southern california?  i bet she REALLY misses the winters!

anyhow... appreciate the offer.  the bat would have to be balanced, not end loaded (unless we get him on a steroid program) for us (him) to consider.

thanks tb.

May 25, 2007
    7. Oct 16, 2009 2:51 PM (in response to kal_)

BBK is already a dealer for us.  Exactly what bat do you want to see?

• Danbam Pro 103 posts since
    May 31, 2007
    8. Oct 16, 2009 10:39 PM (in response to tumblebug)

If we are talking bats, TB, what do you have for a 34" end loaded HS bat? Any recommendations?

Any stores in Phoenix AZ to get a look at it?

May 25, 2007
    9. Oct 17, 2009 11:05 PM (in response to kal_)

These are the two we offer.  The PXT is as endloaded as it can be without being illegal but that is not endloaded like they used to be.  The NanoTek is loaded in the hitting zone rather than the endloaded but the load is where it should be to take advantage of the mass in the kinetic event while lowering the MOI.  But actually that takes a little getting used to because it feels different in flight.

I know we have dealers in Phoenix but I'm at home and don't have that info with me.  I'll get back to you.

Baseball Bats

May 30, 2007
    10. Oct 19, 2009 7:41 AM (in response to Danbam)

TB... check out their website:

http://www.bbksports.com/c-47-adult.aspx

not one Anderson adult bat... Demarini's, Easton's, Louisville's... and even Rawlings (I'm not high at all on Rawlings bats)

What would I like my son to pickup and feel?  A 32" Nanotek.

PS - he already has a 32" Vexxum and has been using it in fall ball.  I'm not big on having several bats... pick one... then swing it.

May 25, 2007
    11. Oct 19, 2009 10:15 AM (in response to tumblebug)

we will ship the NTXS3229 to the dealer today.

May 25, 2007
    12. Oct 19, 2009 10:18 AM (in response to tumblebug)

Danbam,  We are actually all over Phoenix.  Get me a little closer to home for you and I will deliver the bats you want to see to the closest dealer.

• Danbam Pro 103 posts since
    May 31, 2007
    13. Oct 19, 2009 11:40 AM (in response to BestExpress)

TB,

Do you have any in North Phoenix, Peoria or Scottsdale? We go to Cleats and Big League Dug out. He doesn't need it yet, but his bat is a year old and I am not sure if it will last out the HS season. We may need a new one this spring.

Thanks. It is really appreciated.

• BestExpress Pro 81 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    14. Oct 20, 2009 7:22 AM (in response to tumblebug)

Kal you don't need this bat. It would make you admit there is a difference in bats, and disillusion yourself.

You have already pre-qualified your out, must be such and such.

it's a bat... new design, new material, by a small company.

It swings light and the impact is great, and you have a body standing behind it,  Not much more you can ask.

My turn...

Every "Good" hitter I've put this bat with, has really, really, liked it. :]

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...