Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1286 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 28, 2010 6:10 PM by john.behler
THRUMYEYES Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 25, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 22, 2010 10:06 PM

foul language from coaches

I HAVE TRIED VERY HARD TO TEACH MY CHILD RIGHT FROM WRONG. A COUPLE OF TEAMS SHE HAS BEEN ON HAD MAJOR PROBLEMS.

COACHES, PLEASE BE AN EXAMPLE. YOU EXPECT THEM TO REPRESENT YOUR TEAM ON THE FIELD WITH CLASS, LETS GIVE THEM THE SAME EXAMPLE WE EXPECT OF THEM.

IT IS REALLY BOTHERING HER.  SHOULD I MOVE HER, OR IS THIS HONESTLY HOW IT IS?

• john.behler Amateur 10 posts since
    Dec 19, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Feb 28, 2010 6:10 PM (in response to THRUMYEYES)
    Re: foul language from coaches

No,this is not the way it is! I have been coaching for over 15years at every level from little league to 18u travel Soft Ball and I have never allowed that kind of behavior from players,parents or assistant coaches and I never will. There are always going to be over zealous players,parents and yes even coaches and we all make mistakes, that being said once is a mistake with a discussion 2x is a warning with a suspension and 3 strikes you are out. I am happy to report that I have only had to suspend 2 players in all my years and it was one of the hardest things in my life but it was the best thing I could do for the kids because if their behavior continued unaddressed the message is that it is ok to behave in a disruptive manor and it is not ok. The whole idea is about a positive experience for the kids and the families,which is why we have and will enforce both a players and parents code of conduct.As manager I will immediately address the coaches behavior and the director of my organization will hold me accountable for my behavior as I expect him to. I have had the honor and privelage of coaching hundreds of kids ( both boys and girls ) through out my years and they have taught me so much more about kids than I could have hoped to teach them about playing ball. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...