When done well, your website will act as a strong foundation for your organization and can create an effective online presence that does your marketing for you. So, before another season begins, make sure your website looks clean and is up to date and organized for the best user experience. If your website is unclear or confusing, your online visitors will leave before they can learn about your organization or join it!
Here are some areas you can quickly update to make your website a better place to visit:
1. Update navigation labels. Update your site’s menu names so they are fresh and fun. Change your Home page to “Home Plate” or your Locations page to “Where it’s at!” Get creative and have fun with it! In your site admin, go to My Site Design>Labels.
2. Include pictures or videos on your Home Page. Parents and players LOVE to see photos of your organization in action. Some of the best looking and most visited eteamz sites include photos or videos on their home page. In your site admin, go to Website Pages>Home Page.
3. Take it easy. Rather than including everything under the sun on your home page, try to just fit the most valuable information above the fold of the home page (the part visitors can see without scrolling down), then use the News pages to add content to your site. In your site admin, go to Website Pages>My Site News (or Add a New Page).
4. Play around with color. Keeping with your organization's color theme is great – but how about dressing up your sites a little during the holidays? Or swap the background colors with the font colors? Keep it fresh and people won’t get bored with the same old thing. In your site admin, go to My Site Design>Customize.
5. Update calendar (and keep it up-to-date). List important dates and/or create an online calendar that plots out all of your not-to-be missed registration deadlines, tournaments and more. An up-to-date calendar, you make your site a relevant place for your participants to come to get important info about your organization In your site admin, go to Calendar>Click on Calendar to Add Events.