What's your ACTIVE?

Join our community of ACTIVE people sharing training advice
and encouragement to help fuel your passion.

ACTIVE Community

Yoga Poses for Stress Relief

Life is stressful. We need to relieve daily stress to make our life better. But how do you relax your mind and body? The answer is yoga.

Practicing a few yoga poses for five to 10 minutes each day is the first step toward reducing stress. This article introdces 7 yoga poses, which are some of the more recognizable and relaxing postures in the practice: http://www.active.com/yoga/articles/7-yoga-poses-for-stress-relief.

In the article, you’ll find detailed guides on the following poses:

1. Child’s Pose
  2. Extended Puppy Pose
  3. Happy Baby
  4. Seated Forward Fold
  5. Crossed Leg Seated Forward Fold
  6. Legs Up the Wall
  7. Corpse Pose

They are accessible to anyone, easy to perform and require little effort. As you enter each pose, allow your body to relax and settle in as you breathe in and out through your nose. This is your time, so find a quiet spot, put on some relaxing music and turn down the lights.

These poses are easy and actually help relieving stress.

While yoga in general seems to have a calming influence, there are certain yoga poses that have a super awesome ability to help us let go of tension and stress. You have given a detauled information. Must like to say that it is such an awesome blog post. You are really doing better for your reader. You have done a great work and you are really doing better for your readers. Generally i do not make comments on the site I visit. But I really impressed with your site. I am hoping for same best work from you. Have a nice day !!